1.2k Budget USD

ComicV

Hey guys, so i've already had a post about a gaming pc that I am going to make, I was thinking, why not add the extra 200$ and get an even better setup, so I don't want to go into detail TOO much...

But basically, I want a pc that can run games at a steady fps, at pretty high settings.

Here is the build I have ATM, which is my build that I have on my other fourm. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VVjWHx

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Video Card

Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case

SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

The price for these items comes at to be at a base total of 1136.79 and with Mail-In Rebates & Shipping, the price is down to $1096.77 USD

You don't have any storage?

And this is just the tower for $1200 correct? If so, give me a couple minutes.

Edit:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($223.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Video Card  ($546.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1205.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-30 01:20 EST-0500

Nice black and white theme to it as well.

Storage?

e: get a WD or Seasonic HDD one with the amount of storage you need and if you want an SSD get a Samsung 850 EVO or a Kingston SSDNow

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

You don't have any storage?

And this is just the tower for $1200 correct? If so, give me a couple minutes.

I already have an 1.5tb hardrive

Oh, well I edited my post. Just remove the 1TB Caviar Blue and upgrade the SSD to a 250GB 850 EVO (unless you're fine with 120GB).

ah that makes sense. Just to make it easy for you and us just find what you have and mark it as purchased if you want to share your build later,

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

Oh, well I edited my post. Just remove the 1TB Caviar Blue and upgrade the SSD to a 250GB 850 EVO (unless you're fine with 120GB).

Alright, Ty

I just went for a 4790K. It doesn't matter if you pick the i5 4690K anyway but I thought, why not? Chucked in a SSD as well:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($44.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1216.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-30 01:25 EST-0500

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I just went for a 4790K. It doesn't matter if you pick the i5 4690K anyway but I thought, why not? Chucked in a SSD as well:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($44.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1216.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-30 01:25 EST-0500

lol thanks for the build man, I think the i5 would do just fine

Oh and could someone answer me, what is the difference between the 980 and the R9 Fury as in performance??

considering that the cheapest fury is 80 bucks more expensive that the cheapest 980 according to pc partpicker links, i think u should go with the 980. I think the performance is better for the fury x though, but 80 bucks!

the two cards...

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100379sr

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/zotac-video-card-zt9020410p

There are other ways to get the price down//stretch your budget.. if you have good credit you can get a card or two with cash back (chase freedom $150 back after 500 spent, $25 more if you add someone to your account). There are also sites that offer substantial $ off for your first purchase (cough jet dot com).

I think your build looks pretty good otherwise.

There are other ways to get the price down//stretch your budget.. if you have good credit you can get a card or two with cash back (chase freedom $150 back after 500 spent, $25 more if you add someone to your account). There are also sites that offer substantial $ off for your first purchase (cough jet dot com).

I think your build looks pretty good otherwise.

but thats to many hoops to jump through. I really think for a $1200 pc, u should get a 980, and not a fury. It just makes more sense. 

but thats to many hoops to jump through. I really think for a $1200 pc, u should get a 980, and not a fury. It just makes more sense. 

Too many hoops if you're lazy. Signing up for a credit card takes all of 5 or 10 minutes and you can have it expedited for free usually. Seems worthwhile to me to save a couple hundred bucks unless you have money to burn. The jet dot com idea could be viewed as a hassle, but it doesn't take that long either. My cpu took like 14 days to arrive, but my graphics card arrived in 2 days.. Just depends where they secure stock from.

yeah, thats true. But im a teenager and can't convince my dad to sign up for another credit card... But i used mail in rebates!

yeah, thats true. But im a teenager and can't convince my dad to sign up for another credit card... But i used mail in rebates!

Well if you're a teenager then yeah you're kind of just stuck with what's out there. You could still try to take advantage of say the jet dot com deal though. Saves you like 50 bucks on a more sizeable purchase. Entirely up to you though.