Recently I attached a Dell UP2414Q 4k monitor via displayport to my new computer. I have then come across these errors with no of knowing how to fix them. post-280627-0-66729200-1451440224_thumb.post-280627-0-97253500-1451440227_thumb.

Those are pictures of the errors that are occuring during my use. I have updated all Dell and Nvidia drivers. I have tried connecting my computer to a different UP2414Q i own and got the same result. I replaced my graphics card and got the same result. I also tried 3 different cables and got the same results which to me means its a driver/software issue. If anyone can direct me in the right way to solve this I am happy to take and try all suggestions. I also am running windows 10 64-bit and  a MSI GTX 980 TI.

post-280627-0-76130200-1451442746_thumb.

Here are more photos after changing to my other PCIE slot X8

post-280627-0-06008700-1451447468_thumb.

post-280627-0-33262100-1451447471_thumb.

more suggestions are always welcome! :)

Does it appear then go away, or does it come and stay on the screen?

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Does it appear then go away, or does it come and stay on the screen?

After turning my monitor off and on it goes away. It seems to appear again when exiting out of full-screen games such as Rainbow Six Siege and Black Ops. It also mostly happens only when using the commands ctril+esc and alt+enter. These commands are necessary for me to access windows while idle in game.

Sounds like a monitor problem. Is it still covered under warranty?

Sounds like a monitor problem. Is it still covered under warranty?

I do not believe so. What makes me think it isn't a monitor issue is that the same result occurred on a different monitor. I own 2 Dell UP2414Q's and they both worked fine until I hooked this computer up which I just built. The fact it does the same thing makes me think it cannot be the monitor. any thoughts?

does the monitor still under warranty? I'd return it if I were you 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

nevermind just read the top comment Lol 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

I do not believe so. What makes me think it isn't a monitor issue is that the same result occurred on a different monitor. I own 2 Dell UP2414Q's and they both worked fine until I hooked this computer up which I just built. The fact it does the same thing makes me think it cannot be the monitor. any thoughts?

Huh. You may want to take a duster can (don't blow into it with your mouth) and blow out the PCIe slot that the graphics card is plugged into.

Huh. You may want to take a duster can (don't blow into it with your mouth) and blow out the PCIe slot that the graphics card is plugged into.

I actually just installed a new graphics card today after the old one gave the same problem, but I will blow it out if you think it may help.

It may not be the graphics card, but rather junk in the motherboard PCIe slot...

It may not be the graphics card, but rather junk in the motherboard PCIe slot...

Will do, I will come back with the result when I am finished

The cleaning did not change my result. I have updated the post with another picture of the problem at the bottom. The screen has that distinct line and is missing part of the picture/it is cut off.

I'm sorry. At this point, I'm not sure if I can help. Unless your motherboard is bad, I can't really think of any other solutions. Sorry :(

I'm sorry. At this point, I'm not sure if I can help. Unless your motherboard is bad, I can't really think of any other solutions. Sorry :(

Should i further contact Nvidia for this issue or Dell? I had contacted Nvidia previously and they had replied on the phone saying my graphics card was bad and therefore I replaced it.

Contact the motherboard manufacturer. Because you have already tried swapping both of these components, you have isolated those components as problems.

Contact the motherboard manufacturer. Because you have already tried swapping both of these components, you have isolated those components as problems.

Will do, thank you so much <3

Will do, thank you so much <3

No problem :)

Have you tried plugging your graphics card into a different PCIe slot?

No, I haven't would it be worth a try?

I just tried my other slot and will update the post with the problem still occuring. (more pictures)