Random freezes, possibly hardware related

theMLGbro58

So lately I've been getting random crashes on my pc.  Since it started I did a fresh install of windows, and I am sure it is not a psu problem, I have been monitoring voltages and such.  PC is well cooled and fairly dust free.  Could it be a mobo problem?  Also ran the windows memory diagnostics and no problems there...  Usually crashes when there is little load on it, like watching youtube, or browsing; but I can leave it for hours just installing games off steam with no problems.  Its running a MSI 970A g43 mobo, fx 6300 no oc, and a r7 260x gpu, and a seagate 1 tb ST1000dm003 hdd and a evga 600b psu and team elite 8gb ram.  

A list of questions to consider:

• Do you get a blue screen when this happens, that will have clues to what caused the issue?
  • Does the computer reboot by its self or do you have to manually turn it on again?
  • Do you have any other PCI-e devices other than your GPU or any other less common peripherals installed?
  • Try running your computer in Windows safe mode and see if you can reproduce the problem. If you can: it's probably not faulty drivers, if you can't: Make sure all your hardware devices have the correct drivers installed.

With more details like these we should be able to help you find the issue a lot easier. Good luck :)

There is no blue screen, I have to hit the reset button, and the only other thing somewhat differing from regular pc hardware would be my wifi card, its pci.  Thanks for the guidance so far.