What's Microsoft's policy on hardware changes regarding OS genuinity?

Tech_Dreamer

What's microsofts policy on Windows 10 install cycles under these scenarios & OS has to be installed over & over again from a single genuine source?

1. Physical system partition HDD change (New HDD ID/Signature)
  2. Mobo change (3 times or more within a year)
  3. CPU change (3 time or more in a year)
  4. OS shift/New install to new type of storage facility (PCIE/M.2/Express SSD) more than 3-5 cycles of fresh instalation from

PS: "Genuinity" is not an actual word :/

PPS:This is not asking weather i could get away with one disc for multiple PC's on home, Just wondering if it bounds to happen all on a single PC with  rapid hardware change as time progress

PPPS:TLDR : what's the limit which microsoft deem OS not being genuine after multiple instalation cycle

Details separate people.

What's microsofts policy on Windows 10 install cycles under these scenarios & OS has to be installed over & over again from a single genuine source?

1. Physical system partition HDD change (New HDD ID/Signature)
  2. Mobo change (3 times or more within a year)
  3. CPU change (3 time or more in a year)
  4. OS shift/New install to new type of storage facility (PCIE/M.2/Express SSD) more than 3-5 cycles of fresh instalation from

PS: "Genuinity" is not an actual word :/

PPS:This is not asking weather i could get away with one disc for multiple PC's on home, Just wondering if it bounds to happen all on a single PC with  rapid hardware change as time progress

PPPS:TLDR : what's the limit which microsoft deem OS not being genuine after multiple instalation cycle

whats "generally accepted" is after 5 installs you need to call them to verify

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Your OS being flagged as not genuine can happen pretty randomly. Sometimes you can install with the same key over and over and it works fine, sometimes it stops working after for example a CPU change, sometimes after a mobo change etc. When it happens (it will sooner or later if you keep swapping hardware) you will need to call Microsoft and they will fix it for you.

whats "generally accepted" is after 5 installs you need to call them to verify

I have a physical copy of Win 7, its lasted me for 6 years and I have installed it on 14 systems perfectly.

Lol

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

If you have a retail version of windows you can change hardware all you want. The only requirement is that you can't have that key active on more than one computer at a time. If you have an OEM licence, your installation is tied to your motherboard.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).