PC game launchers

nath10597

When did we allow this to happen.

Steam updating, origin updating and U play updating.

This is ridiculous Why can't i just get the .exe and launch the game like GOG witch is my preferred choice. If EA whant to stop being hated they should scrap origin and give everyone steam keys for their games.

Then i would probably like them even after paying £45 for Sims city and putting up with battle log.

post-4611-0-48496400-1377881677.png

you don't like EA or the games made by EA? because i like the games.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

One time I copied a game folder (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common) to my desktop and launched it from the .exe file. It worked yo. Never tested other games with this theory, though.

you don't like EA or the games made by EA? because i like the games.

I don't like EA as a company i like some of their games.

One time I copied a game folder (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common) to my desktop and launched it from the .exe file. It worked yo. Never tested other games with this theory, though.

this still launches steam doesn't it.

I don't like EA as a company i like some of their games.

me too!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

this still launches steam doesn't it.

No, it just launched the game.

EDIT - I tested it on McPixel, which doesn't have online capability...

Going to test it on Portal 2.

No, it just launched the game.

It'll probably only work for some games. Afaik, source games depend on each other a lot (usually launching hl2.exe or something), and some of them don't even have the .exe in any of the game folders for that game.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Origin is painful. Tried to download and install Sims 3 for the fiance and it made me download it almost 4-5 times over to actually work. Shitty launcher aside, EA has ruined so many games and franchises that I will never see it as a good company.

It'll probably only work for some games. Afaik, source games depend on each other a lot (usually launching hl2.exe or something), and some of them don't even have the .exe in any of the game folders for that game.

Yeah, I just launched Portal 2 from my desktop - Didn't work, launched Steam.

EA as a company sucks but there games are not all that bad. Battlefield anyone?

EA as a publisher sucks but there games developers are not all that bad. Battlefield anyone?

Fixed. DICE (subsidiary of EA) develops Battlefield/MoH. DICE does a fantastic job. EA simply publishes the games.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Fixed. DICE (subsidiary of EA) develops Battlefield/MoH. DICE does a fantastic job. EA simply publishes the games.

Thanks for the Correction much appreciated. :lol:

If you don't like Steam, Origin, UPlay, etc. then why are you using the service?

Oh, that's right, cause you like playing games. Then buy the game on the service, don't download it but just download the pirated version. The money is still paid and you get a launcher free experience.

That's what I used to think too until they charged for DLC right after they said they wouldn't. I'm pretty sure they're under some degree of control by EA, not just publishing.