Raspberry pi for christmas

b.schesch

What are the first components i should have to start with raspberry pi 2 model b

you should start by hacking the AC units in the buildings that house the paper copies for america's debts.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

What are the first components i should have to start with raspberry pi 2 model b

If you don't have anything you should start by getting a breadboard, bunch of jumper cables, Couple f/f jumper connectors, led's, resistors, and sensors or other stuff that you need to make a build.
When I buy new parts for my Arduino i usually want to build something specific, so I buy the parts I need :\

Edit: Whats your usecase?  And follow your own topics please ;)

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

To get it set up:

• Keyboard
  • Mouse (not required, unless you ever plan to use the GUI and not just the command line)
  • Power supply, which comes with pretty much every package/starter set that isn't just the board itself.
  • HDMI or RCA video cable, with a screen to connect it to.
  • Case (recommended but not required)
  • Ethernet cable OR compatible Wifi USB dongle.  (very highly recommended, but not strictly required)

Note that after setting it up, you can configure it to allow SSH for remote command line access, VNC for full remote desktop, and/or FTP for remote file access, so you only need it plugged in to the wall and connected to your network.  You can then control it from another computer on your network if you want to.

That will be enough to get it set up so you can actually use it as a little computer, and can get right to work coding or doing software stuff on it or using it as a media center.  Be sure that your mouse and keyboard aren't super-fancy, super-high end ones with lots of crazy features, since they might raw too much power from the USB ports.  Wireless ones are pretty much always safe, and most wired ones in the ~$20-30 range won't be a problem as far as power use goes. 

If, though, you want to use it as a hardware controller of sort, e.g. for controlling robots or other devices:

• General hobbyist electronics tools (you can probably find kits with most of this stuff all in one package at Frys or a Microcenter or a similar store):
    • Jumper wires--a mix of male-to-male, male-to-female, and female-to-female is nice, but you might have trouble finding too many that aren't male-to-male, since that's the most common type.  But you can make do.
    • Soldering iron + solder
    • Multimeter (recommended, but not required, until you move past basic/beginner-level stuff)
    • Electrician's tape
    • Heat-shrink tubing (can be very useful depending what you're doing)
    • Aligator clips (not required, but you'll probably find that they make prototyping/testing things a bit more convenient)
  • GPIO breakout kit (highly recommended, but not required)
  • Breadboard
  • Various resistors, LEDs, capacitors, and other various circuit components
  • Depending what you have in mind for it, an Arduino of some flavor can be really useful.  While I haven't done it myself, there are lots of ways to connect an Arduino to a Pi, and for some projects this can be indispensable.

you should start by hacking the AC units in the buildings that house the paper copies for america's debts.

mr robot?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

mr robot?

yes.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

yes.

haha

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"