Intel budget build! Please help me!

Okay, so recently I lost my work/play PC due to a unfortunate house fire on Christmas eve! Yay! Excellent Christmas gift, I'm blaming santa! I'm wanting to build a system that don't draw as much power and can still run games with a little headroom. I am aiming to get a i5 4460 refresh when I am able to afford it but I am at a loss here! When using PC part picker I noticed that due to the haswell refresh a lot of the older motherboards that just might be in my price range may require a bios update. Oh man, you know the feeling. . . Just got that new box of PC parts in the mail and you get a no-post just to find out you need to buy yet another chip JUST to do a bios update?! No thanks! That is something I would like to avoid and due to the repairs and redneck remodeling I really, really need to save as much money as possible on this build. I have attempted to do my homework and check with motherboard MFG's to see what Bios they ship with their boards that I was interested in, this proved to be a waste of time and next to impossible, even contacting the seller directly like Newegg or Amazon they were unable to tell me which bios I would end up with. I do use my PC for work too but the requirements for that are next to nothing just basic VDI software. I was able to Salvage a Corsair VX 430 PSU, My brother gave me 8 GB of RAM and a MSI GTX 960 4GB OC. Anyone have any suggestions on a good motherboard to pair with the 4460? I cannot afford $100.00 on a board, I honestly can't even afford $75.00, $50 to $60 would be my max so please keep that in mind if helping, I'm NOT picky and almost don't care if it includes USB 3.0 but that would be nice! I am also most comfortable with MSI products but would be open to any suggestion especially if it is in my price range and it's guaranteed to work with a haswell refresh. Also for all of you intel peeps out there, is there a cheaper i5 that I can buy that will run most games? I want to make sure its a quad core because I don't want to have to do any work around's to run games like farcry 4 and whatnot. Thank you for reading my post! Any help is appreciated! 

The possibility of any of the motherboards you get not having the updated bios is pretty much slim to none. Just order which ever one you want

MSI H81 P33 should come with an updated Bios I believe.

As for PSU, Corsair VS aren't really that good so it may or may not work, especially if it's been in a house fire.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Btw - looking on ebay for an i5 3330 and a H77 board is also a viable option. Should be cheaper.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6