How to SSD + HDD

Coolslammer

So I just got my new SSD for Christmas, however I am kind of a noob (very noob) when it comes to storage configuration. I installed windows to my SSD so I can use it as a boot drive and my HDD as my mass storage program drive. Hear comes my question, how do I get my windows to kind of like be able to access programs on HDD. For example how do I get to steam when it is not showing up in applications. The drives are both formatted and are showing up separate.

Sorry for my newbie question, if you need any more info please ask, thank you!

PC SPECS: CPU: i5 4460, MOBO: Asrock H97 Anniversary, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x8GB, GPU: MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB, CASE: Cooler Master N200, Storage: 1TB WD Blue, PSU: Coasair CX600

Active Folder

Hear comes my question, how do I get my windows to kind of like be able to access programs on HDD.

Can you elaborate the question a little more?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Can you elaborate the question a little more?

Yes, of course. So how do I get windows to read that drive when I search for a program. I can get into the programs but I cannot search for it in windows search in bottom left of desktop.

PC SPECS: CPU: i5 4460, MOBO: Asrock H97 Anniversary, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x8GB, GPU: MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB, CASE: Cooler Master N200, Storage: 1TB WD Blue, PSU: Coasair CX600

Active Folder

Yes, of course. So how do I get windows to read that drive when I search for a program. I can get into the programs but I cannot search for it in windows search in bottom left of desktop.

what do you mean by "program" here?

If you're meaning normal files, Search Indexing Options on start menu, Click Modify, select the drive where you wanna search for "files" and then click ok and then close.

Then search for required file.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Just go in File Explorer, go to the This PC on the left hand menu, double-click the HDD, then use the search box on the top right to search for programs. I'm afraid there's no way for the search bar in Windows to automatically search in the HDD.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD

Ahh ok, thank you. How would I get the steam app on my ssd, with some games, but the majority of games on my hdd?

Active Folder