Windows 7 increase performance?

Teemo4Life

How do you increase performance?

I heard high performance mode increases performance but it uses more power. Does it increase performance and does it reduce CPU and gpu lifetime.

Also virtual memory. Putting the recommended memory in the maximum thing as seen in a video

Is there any little things to adjust and set that can make stuff more efficient and increase performance.

DONT SAY GET BETTER HARDWARE. I'm happy for anyone to donate hardware to me :D

Inb4 better hardware posts.

Only thing is to cut down on your background applications.

And no changing your windows settings doesn't do a lot.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

Windows 10 ftw :D

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Windows 10 gives better frames. I need to crack it. What....no one heard that

But windows 10 is free for windows 7 users, you don't need to crack it.

Unless his current Win7 is also cracked... In which case, get legit you scrub.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I know seirously you can pick up a key at the microsoftsoftwareswap subreddit for $20.

Where?

In AU?

Unless his current Win7 is also cracked... In which case, get legit you scrub.

however..even cracked win 7 works fine to upgrade

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Windows 10 doesn't have better performance than Windows 7. It actually performs marginally worse than both Windows 7 and 8, with applications and games.

Windows 7 versus 8 versus 10 application performance:

Windows 7 versus 8 versus 10 gaming performance:

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

however..even cracked win 7 works fine to upgrade

Depends on the type of crack used. As not all of them work.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

How do you increase performance?

Get a more optimized OS like Windows 8, or, despite what you said: improve your hardware. The easiest, cheapest hardware that will get you a nice performance boost: Getting a nice SSD.

BUT, say you have no money to upgrade anything:

If you have an HDD, you can do what is called a deep defragmentation, where not only you defrag the drive, but you place each file used one next to each other, so the head of the HDD doesn't need to go all over the place (well, less so) when you run a program or start Windows. A program I recommend to do this is: O&O Defrag (do "Complete / Access"). The software is not free, but the trial version will do the trick. You don't need to do a deep defrag frequently. The process will take several hours.

I heard high performance mode increases performance but it uses more power. Does it increase performance and does it reduce CPU and gpu lifetime.

False. When using Balance power scheme in Windows, Windows knows what you are doing, and communicates with the hardware power saving feature and adjust things accordingly, and the hardware talks back to Windows to know loads and stuff, and clocks itself accordingly. There is no performance degrease in using Balance, over High Performance. You just consumes more power for nothing by using High Performance.

Windows doesn't control the GPU power saving. Will it reduce the lifespan of your hardware by using High Performance? Yes, but, assuming no hardware manufacture and quality components used, your system will still be up and running after 7-10 years. You would probably switch system completely by then.

Also virtual memory. Putting the recommended memory in the maximum thing as seen in a video

Is there any little things to adjust and set that can make stuff more efficient and increase performance.

Just let Windows do its thing.

Get a more optimized OS like Windows 8, or, despite what you said: improve your hardware. The easiest, cheapest hardware that will get you a nice performance boost: Getting a nice SSD.

BUT, say you have no money to upgrade anything:

If you have an HDD, you can do what is called a deep defragmentation, where not only you defrag the drive, but you place each file used one next to each other, so the head of the HDD doesn't need to go all over the place (well, less so) when you run a program or start Windows. A program I recommend to do this is: O&O Defrag (do "Complete / Access"). The software is not free, but the trial version will do the trick. You don't need to do a deep defrag frequently. The process will take several hours.

False. When using Balance power scheme in Windows, Windows knows what you are doing, and communicates with the hardware power saving feature and adjust things accordingly, and the hardware talks back to Windows to know loads and stuff, and clocks itself accordingly. There is no performance degrease in using Balance, over High Performance. You just consumes more power for nothing by using High Performance.

Windows doesn't control the GPU power saving. Will it reduce the lifespan of your hardware by using High Performance? Yes, but, assuming no hardware manufacture and quality components used, your system will still be up and running after 7-10 years. You would probably switch system completely by then.

Just let Windows do its thing.

I went in boot advanced settings. Putting my cores to 1 instead of 2, i thought it would make my pc quieter but i think it reduces fps ig so I wanted to chang eit back but now it only says 1 core. WTF

If high peformance does nothing why is it there?

Im spending $220 on a new psu, case, cpu cooler to OC my g3258, 2 case fans, fan controller and the rest on a swegway.

Just uncheck the box "Number of processors", and restart your computer.

This feature is designed for software developer for testing, and not for users.

It won't make your CPU quieter, because now you have 1 core working double duty.

The whole power scheme is "gone" in Windows 10. Well it is somewhat hidden to access the option to change power plans, as there isn't much sense. Power Saver is the only one that does something, but it is too aggressive by default for ultrabooks CPUs and Atom based CPUs that it breaks the system experience for the user. So, it takes a backseat. I won't be surprised if it's removed in the future, but Microsoft likes to keep thing for an extended amount of time.

Even under Windows 8, he option by default for the power plan is: Balance and Power Saver, High Performance took the back seat. High Performance was probably put there in the case people had trouble with incompatible systems, causing system problems.

If you want your computer to be quitter, your best bet is to balance heat and lowest fan speed in some fashion. In my case, I have Noctua fans everywhere, and I set them at their lowest fan speed with fan resistors (included). As for the CPU heatsink fan (also Noctua heatsink/fan), it is connected to the motherboard for temp control, but I also use a fan resistor to limit the max speed, and achieve lower fan speed at idle. Keep in mind that my system is old, and it doesn't have UEFI, so I don't have fancy features like fan speed control based on temp from the motherboard fan connectors. No fan curves, and all that either. That is why I use fan resistors (its a Core i7 930 system).