How much is this worth?

GoldenBE

I'm planning on buying a used pc build I think it's a pretty good deal but I'm not that sure.

What do you think this should be worth:

intel core i3 540 ( 3.06 ghz )

4GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GT630

Random Gigabyte mobo ( that has 2 sata 6gb/s ports and 4 sata 3gb/s )

500GB WD @ 7200RPM ( exact model not given )

1TB WD green

1 dvd ( read and write ) that can also read blurays

1 extra dvd ( read and write )

Linksys wifi pci card

"silent PSU in Gigabyte case"

Looking to upgrade it with a xeon x3450, should that work? Will be used as nas.

ps: just provide american ( usd ) price and thanks for the help ;)

i'd spend $250 for it. You can build a better NAS for the money if you go the cheap-AMD route.

i'd spend $250 for it. You can build a better NAS for the money if you go the cheap-AMD route.

Then it's a pretty good deal, he's selling it for €170 ;)

I don't think I'll get something with the same performance for the same price or less.

Then it's a pretty good deal, he's selling it for €170 ;)

I don't think I'll get something with the same performance for the same price or less.

Keep in mind that the first generation of i3's was total shit man... Even a $40 pentium would outperform it, and in that case you can build a pretty cheap build.

Keep in mind that the first generation of i3's was total shit man... Even a $40 pentium would outperform it, and in that case you can build a pretty cheap build.

Do you have any build in mind, I might use it to render some stuff as the x3450 I'm looking to upgrade to has a pretty decent passmark score ( 4780 ) and I can just let it run at night. I found one for $85 and that includes international shipping. I think a cheap (new) pentium g3258 build won't be faster but will cost more.

I wouldn't buy it for $150... That is a completely HORRIBLE build  :blink:

I wouldn't buy it for $150... That is a completely HORRIBLE build  :blink:

For that price you have a used intel core 2 duo build with 2-4GB ram and a gpu that's worth $10 ;)

For that price you have a used intel core 2 duo build with 2-4GB ram and a gpu that's worth $10 ;)

A Good Core 2 Duo would still outperform that i3, and the build only has 4GB RAM. Also, a GT630 is probably available used somewhere for 10-20 dollars.

A Good Core 2 Duo would still outperform that i3, and the build only has 4GB RAM. Also, a GT610 is probably available used somewhere for 10-20 dollars.

Indeed a good core 2 duo outperforms the i3 540 BUT the ones that do are good ones meaning you have no options to upgrade later on. And because I want to use it as nas not many PC's with an LGA775 come with 6 sata (6gb/s) ports.

I did find some better deals though, thanks to cheap computer brands. You can find a G3240 with gtx 750 and 4 GB ram for around 200 euro sometimes, that's a way better deal ;)

Rather than that will be cheaper and wayyy more fun if you did Linus 8 core gaming rig where he used old server parts and made a "gaming machine".

for €170 its not a bad deal, but not a great one either p