Video Card was playing games fine now won't display anything.

iaOreo

I build my PC a few days ago and my GPU was working fine...just turned on the PC today and it wouldn't display anything. Is the card dead or what? I know it is the GPU because I tried plugging in the HDMI to my motherboard and it worked. Also none of the other connections have worked so yeah....

What to do?

Specs - I7 4790K and two GTX 770s. Soon to be upgrading!

Try removing the GPU and putting it in again.

If the onboard video worked, the GPU is not recognized by the motherboard, so it might be dead or with bad contact to the motherboard.

Otherwise try cleaning the computer (if it's too dirty) and using WD-40 to clean the contacts of the GPU and the motherboard.

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

If the onboard video worked, the GPU is not recognized by the motherboard, so it might be dead or with bad contact to the motherboard.

Otherwise try cleaning the computer (if it's too dirty) and using WD-40 to clean the contacts of the GPU and the motherboard.

Just built the PC on Tuesday so it can't be dirty. But I will try the other options.

Try another PCI slot and other PCIE power cables if your PSU has them.

If the other slot works should I contact asrock for RMA?

On 26/12/2015 at 2:35 PM, iaOreo said:

If the other slot works should I contact asrock for RMA?

_

Just removed the GPU and reinserted it. I also put the thumb screws in as well (didn't have them in prior). It now boots! However, if the problem persists I will notify you and @Xarvz

On 26/12/2015 at 5:38 PM, iaOreo said:

Just removed the GPU and reinserted it. I also put the thumb screws in as well (didn't have them in prior). It now boots! However, if the problem persists I will notify you and @Xarvz

_