Fractle design define r5 VS Fractle design define s

Archibal11305

Attention this post dose not include mail-in rebates that means the price it is listed as and prices are taken from newegg because they have shipping to other contry's (i hope)

Hi this post is meant for people who

are building a new pc and want a fractle desing define case because they are really nice or its big enough for theyre parts. There are multiple cases like the r4 r3 ect.

But there/youre eyes fall on the r5 case and the s case and you think whitch to chose and i kinda have the same problem because i cant chose so i made this post. Most of us know that the define s is more meant for water cooling because it has enough space fot water cooling stuff and the r5 can be used as 1 too but i see the r5 more non-water cooling case <--btw that sounds wery logical -_- but anyways i checked there prices at newegg (trough pcpartpicker) and the prices were almost 100$. So i would like to hear whit whitch would you go wuth the r5 or s?

They're both pretty much the same case. One case just has all the cages hidden behind the back, leaving the front very open for water cooling. Also that case (Define S) only comes with 2 fans pre-installed and no optical drive bays.

I own both case, the R5 for my NAS and the S for my Gaming Rig. Outstanding quality for the price.

Between the two I would go for the Define S.  The Define S with solid-panel is a smidge quieter than the R5, triple 140mm fan mounts in the front, excellent fan-filter, and a lot of room to work with.  Can turn the Define S in to an excellent wind tunnel.  Define S was $60 a week ago as well on Newegg which is just out-standing for the price, but yeah - between the two I would go for the Define S and am going for it, actually.  Triple PH-F140MP's in the front, a PH-F140SP in the back and it'll be golden with a NH-D15s for the heat-sink.

Thats true the define s has more room because the bays for the drives are on the other side where most of the cables go,thus giving more room whut means its a bit easier to build a pc in the case.

Define S has Three 3 and half mounts on the back of the cage which is pretty nifty, as well as ssd mounting points.

The only problem i have with the S for me is there is on 2 USB 3's on the front panel.

If it had 2 USB 2's aswell it would be a no brainer upgrade from my define r4 for me.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Define S is in every possible way the superior cooling case. In every application

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS