PC not turning on (still)

WiiMAN
Go to solution Solved by themctipers,

motherboard is dead

Repost, still don't know what's wrong. I was using my PC just fine yesterday and now, after I press the power button, the fans spin for a quarter of a second and then everything is off. This is the millionth time it happens tough, last time it did the same thing and after a few hours I turned it on again and worked like nothing. Even turning it on without the RAM, which would cause the motherboard speaker to beep like a mad man, does nothing different. Disconnected the GPU, same result. Disconnected all hard drives, same. Not even the debug indicator turns on for more than a jiffy so I can't tell what the issue is. Power Supply must be working, otherwise it wouldn't even do a thing. I tested different RAM too. When it does decide to power on, it works flawlessly, even under an AIDA64 stress test. In many occasions the debug LED stays at 00 and the reset button doesn't help.

ASRock 970 Extreme4 Motherboard

AMD 6300FX Processor

ASUS GTX 950

HyperX DDR3 1600 MHz 4 Gb RAM

Samsung 850 Evo SSD (Boot drive)

2 other generic hard drives

Corsair HX 750W power supply

Phantom 530 PC case with all fans in original config

motherboard is dead

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Yep, something like this happened to me a few months ago. New motherboard and you should be back up.

motherboard is dead

You think so? Because after sitting in front of it pressing and holding the power button for hours it does turn on

Dead motherboard or some short circuit in your pc. Try moving it away from carpet and put it on a desk or something (if you already havent) or try using a new motherboard (if you have one)

You think so? Because after sitting in front of it pressing and holding the power button for hours it does turn on

yea..

if ram/psu isnt the problem mobo is dead.

edit: i know this bc even if theres a dead CPU the pc would turn on but no video output

sometimes it beeps but it depends 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

yea..

if ram/psu isnt the problem mobo is dead.

Well I'll believe you guys, can't really think of anything else. Too bad this isn't the cheapest board to replace. Thanks a whole lot

the other generic HD's have operating systems installed on them?

Nope, backup drives

motherboard is dead

See, this is why I was doubting motherboard death. Right now it's turning on but hangs up after a minute or two. The OS is pretty recent so I highly doubt it's the OS. This thing is possessed!

I still think its your motherboard. Mine would do the same thing, I flexed it and must have damaged some transistors or some such, and it would sometimes work, then freeze, then not work for two days, then work for a day, then nothing, et cetera.

I replaced my motherboard, and it was back to normal. It seems possessed, but it just wants a new motherboard!

I still think its your motherboard. Mine would do the same thing, I flexed it and must have damaged some transistors or some such, and it would sometimes work, then freeze, then not work for two days, then work for a day, then nothing, et cetera.

I replaced my motherboard, and it was back to normal. It seems possessed, but it just wants a new motherboard!

Well this is sad... this 970 Extreme4 goes for as low as $95 and shipping to Puerto Rico is always no less than $18 on Newegg. But thanks for clearing up, really appreciated.

Repost, still don't know what's wrong. I was using my PC just fine yesterday and now, after I press the power button, the fans spin for a quarter of a second and then everything is off. This is the millionth time it happens tough, last time it did the same thing and after a few hours I turned it on again and worked like nothing. Even turning it on without the RAM, which would cause the motherboard speaker to beep like a mad man, does nothing different. Disconnected the GPU, same result. Disconnected all hard drives, same. Not even the debug indicator turns on for more than a jiffy so I can't tell what the issue is. Power Supply must be working, otherwise it wouldn't even do a thing. I tested different RAM too. When it does decide to power on, it works flawlessly, even under an AIDA64 stress test. In many occasions the debug LED stays at 00 and the reset button doesn't help.

AMD 6300FX Processor

ASUS GTX 950

Take out mobo button battery alr? Use on board graphic. put only one Ram stick on slot one

AMD 6300FX Processor

ASUS GTX 950

Sometimes a short can cause the same type of issue, say a broken case USB. I would recommend unplugging all the USB headers from the motherboard and seeing it it turns on before you try to RMA. 

beat me to it. i was sitting down to eat and the thought of bread boarding came to mind............ something to try OP.

Take out mobo button battery alr? Use on board graphic. put only one Ram stick on slot one

Removed battery, no onboard graphics, only 1 memory, both tested working

I'm having a similar issue.at the moment. jumping the cmos worked once for me but now the.pc doesn't turn on.again. I guess we're both out of our money?