Windows 10 transfer to SSD

templemanw

First post, give me some slack.

So, just got my first SSD and I am wondering whether the process of transferring the OS (Windows 10) from HDD to SSD is the same as that with Windows 7 (Linus previously made a video of).

Also, my copy of Windows 10 is the free version, and therefore I don't have an activation code will this matter?

Could anyone point me in the right direction and give me pointers on how I am going to transfer my OS to the SSD

Cheers,

Will

Media Creation Tool from MS' site

Download onto USB Stick

Choose Load to new PC or whatever

Go to town

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

So, just got my first SSD and I am wondering whether the process of transferring the OS (Windows 10) from HDD to SSD is the same as that with Windows 7 (Linus previously made a video of).

Also, my copy of Windows 10 is the free version, and therefore I don't have an activation code will this matter?

Could anyone point me in the right direction and give me pointers on how I am going to transfer my OS to the SSD

Cheers,

Will

Oh yeah this is your first post so

Follow your topics!!!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Cheers,

Will

U will not need a key for the key u are already using is tied with ur motherboard.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Media Creation Tool from MS' site

Download onto USB Stick

Choose Load to new PC or whatever

Go to town

Isn't this to install a fresh OS? Can I not copy my whole system over, as I don't want to reinstall windows.

Isn't there any way of cloning using software?