Weird buzzing noise from CPU.

After I recently installed my new CPU, The AMD Athlon X4 860K on my Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 motherboard,

A weird buzzing noise started. Idon't know why it does it someone please help. Thanks! :)

Thats the beep code for the self destruct sequence lol

Serious now, did you install the stock fan for the athlon? CPU does not make noise. It's the fan that does

Yeah the stock fan

Thats the beep code for the self destruct sequence lol

Serious now, did you install the stock fan for the athlon? CPU does not make noise. It's the fan that does

Then that's the culprit. Switch back to your old fan and see if you still hear the noise. Aftermarket cooler delivers the best cooling and is much quieter than stock.

Then that's the culprit. Switch back to your old fan and see if you still hear the noise. Aftermarket cooler delivers the best cooling and is much quieter than stock.

Unless he doesn't have an aftermarket cooler in which case he A: shouldn't bother or B: should get one if he plans to overclock. Nice name btw :P (Will annoy some people)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Could you recommend me a cpu cooler? under 30$ I would really appreciate it, I'm new to computers sorry.

Case shows a width of 179.8 mm, and the EVO shows a height of 159 mm, so that gives you roughly 21 mm of clearance for the MB, CPU, and MB standoffs.  That's about 4/5 of an inch, so you should be OK.

A buzzing noise could also be coil whine. Could be coming from the motherboard or psu. It could be the fan as well. You could try stopping the fan for a couple seconds to see if that stops the buzzing. If it doesn't, then you'll need to try and find exactly where the noise is coming from.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB