But Why

NoTrollOK
Go to solution Solved by Coaxialgamer,

- bad reliability

- slower speeds than advertised

- bad memory controller

- "high" failure rate.

Everyone say that the Kingston V300 sucks, but why.

I've bought the 120GB and it's ok for a boot drive tho.

Give me an explaination for why the v300 is bad for you. Hell, some places say the v300 is good for the budget minded. (Forgoted the link)

When lives hand you lemon, suck them hard and post a selfie with it.

It has a high failure rate from what ive heard

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

lol i also using the V300 for a boot SSD in my HTPC

it been reports about swapping the SSD chips to cheaper variants after the product review

but it could just be operating costs too high with the faster chips and opt to switch to cheaper ones

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

lol i also using the V300 for a boot SSD in my HTPC

it been reports about swapping the SSD chips to cheaper variants after the product review

but it could just be operating costs too high with the faster chips and opt to switch to cheaper ones

But you don't swap chips just for a review sample. You just don't do it that late into development of an SSD.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

But you don't swap chips just for a review sample. You just don't do it that late into development of an SSD.

then we should blame the operations manager and the product manager for choosing expensive chips and find it not viable for a budget SSD

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Slow controller. They used to be pretty good from what I've heard, but they get crushed by SSDs in its same price bracket in speed

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

then we should blame the operations manager and the product manager for choosing expensive chips and find it not viable for a budget SSD

This would make sense more in the middle of development or the middle of its life cycle, not right after review samples come out.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

This would make sense more in the middle of development or the middle of its life cycle, not right after review samples come out.

they didnt follow the product development cycle it seems

- bad reliability

- bad memory controller

- "high" failure rate.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

- bad reliability

- bad memory controller

- "high" failure rate.

Allrigt, got the info already. Now saving up for a better price/performance ssd. What do you recommend

I dunno man, it has to be more than a coincidence that only the review samples got the good stuff.

review samples ;)

Allrigt, got the info already. Now saving up for a better price/performance ssd. What do you recommend

if you are using it

keep it

unless it for a new build

then grab the Samsung Evo 120GB

In short, Kingston pulled an Nvidia and lied about the NAND I think it was.

What dafuq this has to do eh.

I would get an 850 evo, but sandisk ssds are also good, along with crucial and the higher end kingston drives.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

if you are using it

keep it

unless it for a new build

then grab the Samsung Evo 120GB

OK Sir!