From AMD to Intel?

Go to solution Solved by _SNOWMAN_,

Or a better AMD cpu? No problems running anything Adobe here. Well... no problems running anything so far.  I had thought about switching to Intel before I built this PC. Decided to stick with AMD and very satisfied.

So, I have or more like am going to have (not yet finished) a PC with an AMD FX 6350 and I will probably like it, but im scared It might bottleneck the GPU, and I also know that Intel CPUs are more "adopted" by most people. As in more motherboards, lots of apps preferring it (cough, cough ADOBE, cough.) and I would like to know a nicely priced preferably "K" Intel CPU that would be a good future upgrade and that wont nuke by wallet. Like an Intel brother of the AMD fx 6350 that would get me started on the Intel path.

A good price would be for me around 150 - 200 EURO.

post-248623-0-76673100-1450616921.png

I'm not sure if you can get a K processor for the same price as a fx 6300.

No way, that price point of yours you will only get a i3.

Not even a motherboard with it.

Or a better AMD cpu? No problems running anything Adobe here. Well... no problems running anything so far.  I had thought about switching to Intel before I built this PC. Decided to stick with AMD and very satisfied.

me

Ok! I realized how much of a noob I am here. hahhaha anyway thanks! I guess Il go with the amd fx 8350 next!

it won't bottleneck 970

It will on some aaa games. At stock clicks at least.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

The Fx 8350 and 9590 are really great. I have water cooled 9590 that is equivalent most I7 and i got it for much less. People generally go with intel, i used to only go with Intel until my last build currently im very happy with my AMD.