Holiday CPU, Motherboard, and Memory for Family.

Go to solution Solved by MLG Doge,

i5-4460 (a 4170 will probably cut it though)

MSI H97 PC-MATE

8GB stick of Kingston Fury Ram

Dear Awesome People,

Looking to pick up components for a new PC for my family computer. I already have 2 computers in the house that are gaming capability, but I need another one to replace my mother's old PC. Looking for an affordable i5 CPU and matching Motherboard and 8gb RAM. Definitely nothing extreme, my only focus is staying cheap since I am not going for high quality performance or anything and also trying to have the system capable of plugging in a GTX 970 (I have an extra laying around) if I ever have my sister use AfterEffects or Photoshop on that PC. Please throw suggestions out there of CPU, MOBO, and RAM set up for cheap. I generally shoot for MSI MOBO because I have always used them reliably but am open to anything else.

Cheers,

Canto666Hades

i5-4460 (a 4170 will probably cut it though)

MSI H97 PC-MATE

8GB stick of Kingston Fury Ram

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

~rekt~

Everyone here is recommending the 4460 or so but if you've never made a purchase on Jet.com you can use promo code 20now to get 20% off of your entire order *up to $50* so you can get the i5 4590 for about $148 which is a better value.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10