Is it possible to attach a camera lens to a Xperia Z3?

Lazmarr

I would like to attach this camera lens (helios 44-2) to my Z3, I've been wanting to try this for ages but didn't want to waste an expensive lens until now... how can I go about this?

$_3.JPG

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Moved to Photo/Video. Off Topic is only for non-tech related content only.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Without an actual adapter you would struggle to even find the focal distance for it to work. So I doubt that. Also it wouldn't help much, it's not macro and it's not zoom lens, why would you want to use it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You can't attach a DSLR lens to a phone, the sensors are completely different sizes. There are lenses you can buy for your phone which actually work.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

the crop factor would make it like a deep space telescope

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

You can't attach a DSLR lens to a phone, the sensors are completely different sizes. There are lenses you can buy for your phone which actually work.

You can, it would just take a lot of fiddling. 

the crop factor would make it like a deep space telescope

without the built in lens alone you would get the equivalent of 330mm, that's not too bad, I have no idea how the existing lens would affect it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Without an actual adapter you would struggle to even find the focal distance for it to work. So I doubt that. Also it wouldn't help much, it's not macro and it's not zoom lens, why would you want to use it.

I just want to see if it would work in practice and what kind of photos it would take... was just something to do in my spare time xD

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I just want to see if it would work in practice and what kind of photos it would take... was just something to do in my spare time xD

it would be a massive zoom. but really it would take a lot of effort. You would need to find an exact distance it focuses at and then make a dark tube or something to cover up the sides.

here is how it would work, simple really. (it's not really that simple, but basically that)

k2MR5sr.png

Spoiler

Hypothetically you can, if you can find or create the right adapter.  Like the one below.  But you shouldn't because it's pointless.  The lens of a SLR camera might be better than the one on your phone, but the light still has to pass through the phone's lens and reach that tiny sensor, which itself cannot compare with a DSLR sensor.

iphoneslrmount-6.jpg?auto=format&fit=max

http://www.gizmag.com/iphone-slr-mount-announced/19193/

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer