what are bit coins?

A form of cryptocurrency that you mine with hardware on your PC. It's worthless mining it now.

so what do you mean by mining? and how is it useless now?

so what do you mean by mining? and how is it useless now?

Because you spend more on your electricity bill than you earn mining the bitcoins. Mining utilises your GPU to... Idk how to explain... But it's very pointless right now.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

You use your pc to solve extremely complicated mathematical formulas. When your pc solves a formula you get rewarded with a bitcoin. (I think this was how it worked)

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Because you spend more on your electricity bill than you earn mining the bitcoins. Mining utilises your GPU to... Idk how to explain... But it's very pointless right now.

1 bit coin is equal to $450 USD, and how does it raise your power bill? im only 13 lol

1 bit coin is equal to $450 USD, and how does it raise your power bill? im only 13 lol

You use compute hardware to 'mine', which stresses the hardware of whatever you are using for the computing task. 3 years ago, this was granted huge profits for normal users who mined using their personal rigs with their graphics cards. Now, however, is a completely different story.

Nowadays you need dedicated hardware that cost hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars just in order to overcome the cost of what you are spending to power those machines. If someone gave you an R9 290x for free, and if you had free electricity, then you would still gain less than 5 cents per day.

Edit: What mining actually is, is that you are given a task that you need to solve. And you are pretty much given credit for when you solve that task. That credit can be BitCoin, or whatever other currencies you can think of. And as more and more people solve these tasks, then they become harder, so you gain less credit for the time you spend 'mining'.

Then there is also Folding at Home, and Boinc. But those are generally done for charity reasons. They help with possible progress in terms of technology and medicine advances.

You use compute hardware to 'mine', which stresses the hardware of whatever you are using for the computing task. 3 years ago, this was granted huge profits for normal users who mined using their personal rigs with their graphics cards. Now, however, is a completely different story.

Nowadays you need dedicated hardware that cost hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars just in order to overcome the cost of what you are spending to power those machines. If someone gave you an R9 290x for free, and if you had free electricity, then you would still gain less than 5 cents per day.

how hard is it to get 1 bitcoin? 

how hard is it to get 1 bitcoin? 

i have a 4670k at 4.5ghz 16gb 2400 ram GTX 760

You won't ever get close to even a single BitCoin with that kind of hardware. The electric bill will be higher than any kind of BitCoin credits you will be able to earn with that computer of yours.

I'm sorry.

You won't ever get close to even a single BitCoin with that kind of hardware. The electric bill will be higher than any kind of BitCoin credits you will be able to earn with that computer of yours.

I'm sorry.

do you need dual 18 core xeons 128gb ECC Ram 3sli GTX titan Xs to get a bit coin?

do you need dual 18 core xeons 128gb ECC Ram 3sli GTX titan Xs to get a bit coin?

Normal computer hardware won't help you for regular BitCoin mining. You need stuff like this. And even that thing has a Nominal Power Consumption of 3650 Watt. You would spend lots buying it, and then a whole lot more just to power it.

It's not feasible to even begin thinking of starting to mine to earn BitCoins. Those days are long gone.

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp35-yukon-power-shipping-from-stock

You don't need that much, you could mine with what you have it'd just take A VERY VERY VERY long time to mine 1 coin, and by that time you've wasted more money in power by the time you get the coin.

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

You don't need that much, you could mine with what you have it'd just take A VERY VERY VERY long time to mine 1 coin, and by that time you've wasted more money in power by the time you get the coin.

are bit coins free?

are bit coins free

Edit  -Not really 

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

just wondering because im to young for a job 

Shoveling snow, mowing grass and such in your neighborhood is honestly your best bet.

Probably already explained, but: 

i have a 4670k at 4.5ghz 16gb 2400 ram GTX 760

Forget it. Kepler is worthless at mining. Even gcn based cards are nowhere near profitable, despite being multiple times faster (at mining)

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case