Will I get an extra copy of a game if I buy a pack and I have the game

Go to solution Solved by EChondo,

If I purchase as a gift can still get the other 3 games?

No. Because the games won't be individuals, they'll be in a single "Counter-Strike Complete" gift.

If I were you I'd wait until the Winter sale that is suppose to happen on the 22nd. That pack will be 75% off easily. Actually the "Valve Complete Pack", will be 75% off most likely. So you can get all the Valve games for $25 instead. I'd just do that if I were you.

I am looking to buy the counter-strike complete game pack on the steam store. I have csgo already and wanted the rest of the franchise. I was also wondering if I would an extra copy of csgo from the pack because I was hoping to give it as a gift for Christmas. Please let me know and happy holidays!

I am looking to buy the counter-strike complete game pack on the steam store. I have csgo already and wanted the rest of the franchise. I was also wondering if I would an extra copy of csgo from the pack because I was hoping to give it as a gift for Christmas. Please let me know and happy holidays!

No, you will not receive an extra copy.

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

No, you will not receive an extra copy.

This is incorrect.

@GentleHawk34

You WILL receive an extra copy. I bought the Orange Box when I already had Half-Life 2 and I received an extra copy that I gave to a friend.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

This is incorrect.

@GentleHawk34

You WILL receive an extra copy. I bought the Orange Box when I already had Half-Life 2 and I received an extra copy that I gave to a friend.

It depends on the actual package SOME give you an extra copy wheres others DON'T.  When you go to purchase it, on the checkout page it'll tell you exactly what you'll get and what games won't be given to you (if any).

This is incorrect.

@GentleHawk34

It's not incorrect.

A few game packs give you extra copies but CS isn't one of them

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's not incorrect.

A few game packs give you extra copies but CS isn't one of them

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

This. A lot of the time you wont get copies. Certain exceptions do apply to some games. Just check the page, it should tell you right there on it. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

In checkout it says I can purchase for myself and not get extra copy of csgo or purchase as a gift

For some games you will and for some you won't, you will be notified of this when you add it to your cart. When I bought a Bioshock bundle that had 1/2/infinite I did not get an extra copy of Bioshock 1 because I already had it in my library.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

If I purchase as a gift can still get the other 3 games?

No. Because the games won't be individuals, they'll be in a single "Counter-Strike Complete" gift.

If I were you I'd wait until the Winter sale that is suppose to happen on the 22nd. That pack will be 75% off easily. Actually the "Valve Complete Pack", will be 75% off most likely. So you can get all the Valve games for $25 instead. I'd just do that if I were you.

This is incorrect.

@GentleHawk34

Uhh, have you even checked? it doesnt work with CS

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

I

No. Because the games won't be individuals, they'll be in a single "Counter-Strike Complete" gift.If I were you I'd wait until the Winter sale that is suppose to happen on the 22nd. That pack will be 75% off easily. Actually the "Valve Complete Pack", will be 75% off most likely. So you can get all the Valve games for $25 instead. I'd just do that if I were you.

'll do that

Uhh, have you even checked? it doesnt work with CS

have you noticed all the other replies to this thread? xD

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

have you noticed all the other replies to this thread? xD

Like this one?

It depends on the actual package SOME give you an extra copy wheres others DON'T.  When you go to purchase it, on the checkout page it'll tell you exactly what you'll get and what games won't be given to you (if any).