Do you need a wrist rest? Why and why not? [Discuss]

nah

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I prefer one but dont need it..... Its funny though, the lack of a wrist-wrest has kept me from buying keyboards in the past though (cm storm keyboards for example)

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

I like it, never used to have one until I got my K70 recently. I like it a lot but I never complained when I didnt have one with my previous keyboards.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

No. Because I have really large hands and long fingers so even with really big wrist rest my hands will still rest on the table.

Wrist rests aren't large enough for my wrists to rest on them. Just wear a wrist band if you're having problems.

It's more of a palm rest than a wrist rest for my hands so my answer is no since the pressure is still on my wrist and the rest ain't helping.

I thought it would barely help until I got my corsair k65. Love it!

If you need one, your wrist will tell you.

Or are you suggesting a rule that every computer user has to follow?

I'm just curious if you use wrist rests or not and why. Its an opinion, not a rule

If you need one, your wrist will tell you.

Or are you suggesting a rule that every computer user has to follow?

Well, there are people who refuse to buy keyboards that don't come with wrist rests (which just shows that they don't know about third party wrist rests heheheh)

And really, it's no different from asking "Do you need a mousepad?" or "Do you need 144hz to be competitive in FPS?" or "Do you need a mechanical keyboard?"

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.