Sharing battlefield (3/4) multiplayer knowledge - Anybody interested? (preferably PC-players)

I will not claim do be the best Battlefield player because I definitely am not.

With that out of the way I still have some knowledge to share. I was thinking that there might be players interested in learning some theoretical things about the game.

What I want to talk about is pathing, movement, aiming (just the basics + some more advanced stuff) and just how the game works in general.

If you have some knowledge you want to share feel free to join us too. Learning has never been a bad thing and asking something neither.

Interested? Post here and we can make up a way of communication where it is teamspeak skype or something else ...

See ya on the Battlefield!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I got battlefield 4 for the xbox 360 the campaign in my opinion was trash.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I got battlefield 4 for the xbox 360 the campaign in my opinion was trash.

Yes, it was but

I

don't

care.

Multiplayer has become pretty fun over the last few patches.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

How to get better at shooters

git gud at CS:GO

I used to be quite active here.

My specialty:

Bobbin' n weavin'

Those stupid kids with the DMRs that can barely aim, they don't stand a chance. Jump back and forth rapidly while slowly getting closer to them, they can't hit you for shit because they suck, and once you're close enough you stab them. The more rapid the jumping and moving the better.

And, it is great to have one (just one) Recon in the squad, with an MAV in the air. I found that in large maps like the Dragon Valley 2015, that squad member can repeatedly tell you if enemies are approaching an objective and from which direction.

xD never tried but always heard that said shoudl help. Problem is setting your aim sensitivity to the exact same level so you can keep your muscle memory :/

3.Use

I dislike CS:GO. It's just hype, it's not even that fun. BF4 gets me screaming at the top of my lungs, something CS:GO could never do.

That and there are actual bullet physics in BF4, unlike CS:GO where you pull the trigger and the bullet teleports to their face.

I will not claim do be the best Battlefield player because I definitely am not.

With that out of the way I still have some knowledge to share. I was thinking that there might be players interested in learning some theoretical things about the game.

What I want to talk about is pathing, movement, aiming (just the basics + some more advanced stuff) and just how the game works in general.

If you have some knowledge you want to share feel free to join us too. Learning has never been a bad thing and asking something neither.

Interested? Post here and we can make up a way of communication where it is teamspeak skype or something else ...

See ya on the Battlefield!

I was the best at BF4 on the PS3, I suck on PC, it's way more accurate and tooooooo real

-snip-

I agree: Recons are HEAVILY underestimated by the medic scrubs.

3.Use

I was the best at BF4 on the PS3, I suck on PC, it's way more accurate and tooooooo real

Dat aim assist doeee... :D

What do you mean by real?

3.Use

I agree: Recons are HEAVILY underestimated by the medic scrubs.

It's still good to have one or two medics on the squad though, revives are key.

Dat aim assist doeee... :D

What do you mean by real?

Huge graphics difference, unplayable and washed out graphics on PS3. Everything had little detail, I know it was old hardware but hell, even BF3 looked prettier on PS3. And it is beautiful on PC because ultra 60fps

xD never tried but always heard that said shoudl help. Problem is setting your aim sensitivity to the exact same level so you can keep your muscle memory :/

Yeah, since I started CS:GO I've gotten way better at BF4 on PC. It helped in aiming, movement, and skill in general.

I dislike CS:GO. It's just hype, it's not even that fun. BF4 gets me screaming at the top of my lungs, something CS:GO could never do.

CS:GO is totally different, it helps tons with skill and tactics. You really have to aim, and team play is super important. What I said up there^ since I started CS:GO I've gotten way better at BF4. The only problem in BF4 is getting a good Rush 48 player server ;-;

I think the reason CS:GO has so much hype is because it's just a good, skilled game. Its skill ceiling is so high that not even the best professional players have reached it. BF4 is easy is comparison, where in some game I'll go 40/12ish. Compared to CS:GO, where my best games are ~25/15. BF4 still has bugs and hitreg issues. Why do you think CS:GO is the biggest FPS E-Sport?

Yeah, since I started CS:GO I've gotten way better at BF4 on PC. It helped in aiming, movement, and skill in general.

CS:GO is totally different, it helps tons with skill and tactics. You really have to aim, and team play is super important. What I said up there^ since I started CS:GO I've gotten way better at BF4. The only problem in BF4 is getting a good Rush 48 player server ;-;

I think the reason CS:GO has so much hype is because it's just a good, skilled game. Its skill ceiling is so high that not even the best professional players have reached it. BF4 is easy is comparison, where in some game I'll go 40/12ish. Compared to CS:GO, where my best games are ~25/15. BF4 still has bugs and hitreg issues. Why do you think CS:GO is the biggest FPS E-Sport?

Both games don't compare at all to real life. BF4 takes it and makes it fun, and while CS:GO has some serious players, but most of the rest of the community are complete retards. And the reason it's the biggest E-Sport is because that's where the money is. I guarantee you if someone were to pay millions upon billions for BF4, it'd be a damn popular E-Sport as well.

Because it is E-Sports tuned?

I don't think DICE gives a damn about waht ESL has to say about this game. Hell some league even had to ban the Famas becasue it was so outright broken in a 30Hz environment(before patch - might still be on 30Hz servers).

3.Use

I'd say teamplay vs soloplay can also make a huge difference in BF whereas there is little to no direct interaction between players in CS:GO.

I have never seen a medkit or an ammo box in CS but as far as strategizing (spelled correct?) goes CS:GO has far more to offer becasue maps are more defined and there are (little to no) glitched out weird spots you can should through/below ...

3.Use

Both games don't compare at all to real life. BF4 takes it and makes it fun, and while CS:GO has some serious players, but most of the rest of the community are complete retards. And the reason it's the biggest E-Sport is because that's where the money is. I guarantee you if someone were to pay millions upon billions for BF4, it'd be a damn popular E-Sport as well.

What makes an E-Sport popular isn't money. It's what is fun to watch. Why do you think League of Legends is so popular? It's a blast to watch. The game has to be competitive, easy to understand, and fun to watch.

Watch a game of BF4. It's not very interesting, since lots of items are banned, teams are small, and maps are fairly large. BF4 can't be very competitive, since its skill ceiling isn't very high and it's still buggy. It's getting there, but by the time it's good enough to be a decent E-Sport, the next Battlefield will be out and lots of people simply won't want to watch the old game anymore. The game itself isn't made to be a competitive game, since even though team play is encouraged, it's not required. Anybody can be good at Battlefield, but it takes years of training to be a professional Counter-Strike player.

Read down here vvv

Because it is E-Sports tuned?

I don't think DICE gives a damn about waht ESL has to say about this game. Hell some league even had to ban the Famas becasue it was so outright broken in a 30Hz environment(before patch - might still be on 30Hz servers).

It isn't E-Sports tuned, yeah. DICE improves the game constantly, but they don't make it more competitive. It's mostly adding new things (which IS NOT BAD,) maps.

I'd say teamplay vs soloplay can also make a huge difference in BF whereas there is little to no direct interaction between players in CS:GO.

I have never seen a medkit or an ammo box in CS but as far as strategizing (spelled correct?) goes CS:GO has far more to offer becasue maps are more defined and there are (little to no) glitched out weird spots you can should through/below ...

Teamplay does not mean that your whole team is together. If a CS:GO team is not coordinated they will lose 100% of the time. The reason they're spread around the map is because that's simply how it works, and there's also less people to go around. You'll see the same thing in a professional BF game, the teams are spread out to cover as much of the map as possible.

BF4 is more casual because of things like the Medkit and Ammo Box. In CS:GO you have a set amount of health. Get shot? You're not getting that health back.  Waste your ammo? That's your fault, you don't get any more. You can pick up a new gun, but chances are you don't want to get rid of yours.

Never do otherwise!!

3.Use

What makes an E-Sport popular isn't money. It's what is fun to watch. Why do you think League of Legends is so popular? It's a blast to watch. The game has to be competitive, easy to understand, and fun to watch.

Watch a game of BF4. It's not very interesting, since lots of items are banned, teams are small, and maps are fairly large. BF4 can't be very competitive, since its skill ceiling isn't very high and it's still buggy. It's getting there, but by the time it's good enough to be a decent E-Sport, the next Battlefield will be out and lots of people simply won't want to watch the old game anymore. The game itself isn't made to be a competitive game, since even though team play is encouraged, it's not required. Anybody can be good at Battlefield, but it takes years of training to be a professional Counter-Strike player.

Read down here vvv

It isn't E-Sports tuned, yeah. DICE improves the game constantly, but they don't make it more competitive. It's mostly adding new things (which IS NOT BAD,) maps.

Teamplay does not mean that your whole team is together. If a CS:GO team is not coordinated they will lose 100% of the time. The reason they're spread around the map is because that's simply how it works, and there's also less people to go around. You'll see the same thing in a professional BF game, the teams are spread out to cover as much of the map as possible.

BF4 is more casual because of things like the Medkit and Ammo Box. In CS:GO you have a set amount of health. Get shot? You're not getting that health back.  Waste your ammo? That's your fault, you don't get any more. You can pick up a new gun, but chances are you don't want to get rid of yours.

I'm not saying BF4 will be an E-Sport. I'm saying that the amount of marketing, playing, and more marketing have made those games E-Sports. You, along with millions of others, thinks it's fun because marketing and investors tells you that.

I strongly disagree about the "only addin content"-part. Have you seen what they have done about the hitreg tickrate and stuff in the last months. Yes they are adding maps but that can only occur since they fixed some of the major issues the game had since launch.

We once had a 10Hz tickrate!!! And a later hard coded 30Hz that was than changed to be variable. DICE really stepped up to make up for some of the issues they hadn't fixed by lunch. FINALLY there is to ad since it took the litteraly ages :P

3.Use

I realise that spreading out is tactically senseful but ai never stated otherwise. I just think that there is not a whole lot of direct interaction with other players in CS:GO. It is (almost but not quite) limited to giving information about position and movemnt of enemies or strategizing with your own team.

I don't think medkit + ammo box = casual. Look at ArmA. That game is not casual either.

You won't get any health back there but there still is a medic who can fullfill his role by healing you (if he isn't a dick like a lot of BF medics are).

3.Use

I'm not saying BF4 will be an E-Sport. I'm saying that the amount of marketing, playing, and more marketing have made those games E-Sports. You, along with millions of others, thinks it's fun because marketing and investors tells you that.

I'd limit it to "influence" though if we want to get picky about words. Any salesman can tell you a game is great but if you don't have a blast (becasue your are constantly getting mortared in TDM X- | ) you don't ahve a plast, period.

The influence of media can make you wan to play games but not make you enjoy them or does marketing deliver any game value to you?

3.Use

ignorance in a nutshell^^^

CS:GO is barely marketed. The marketing is people playing the game. It has 0 commercials, 0 news spots.. Only YouTube channels and huge tournaments. Valve doesn't pay people to play CS:GO.

There are 0 investors in the actual game. I don't think Valve has investors either.

It, like BF4, isn't for everyone. I could spit out the exact same argument for BF4, the only reason it's popular is because EA markets the living hell out of it and it's 100% controlled by investors. The only difference would be is that the argument works for BF4, since EA does heavily market it and investors do control the games EA publishes.

I realise that spreading out is tactically senseful but ai never stated otherwise. I just think that there is not a whole lot of direct interaction with other players in CS:GO. It is (almost but not quite) limited to giving information about position and movemnt of enemies or strategizing with your own team.

I don't think medkit + ammo box = casual. Look at ArmA. That game is not casual either.

You won't get any health back there but there still is a medic who can fullfill his role by healing you (if he isn't a dick like a lot of BF medics are).

The difference between Arma and BF4 is that in Arma medkits are super rare. Medics can heal, but they're also rare. In BF4, there can be as many medics on a team as they want, and they all have infinite med bags. That's infinite health. In Arma, medics don't heal fully, and it takes quite a while for the animation to finish. In BF4, you just throw a bag on the ground and forget about it.

I love being a medic. Nothing better than reviving and throwing down a med pack :)

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000