What does "S" mean

JoshPC

I'm buying a Z97S motherboard. I just curious if the "S" means anything

its just to indicate a different model

just like z97-a the a doesnt mean anything, its just one of the models

the only way to tell the difference is by looking at the specs sheet which is on the asus website

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

full model of the mobo?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

its just to indicate a different model

just like z97-a the a doesnt mean anything, its just one of the models

the only way to tell the difference is by looking at the specs sheet which is on the asus website

I think the "S" is for the SLI model because the motherboard I'm buying is the MSI Z97S SLI Krait edition

It stands for Hope ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i really HOPE someone gets the reference 

I think the "S" is for the SLI model because the motherboard I'm buying is the MSI Z97S SLI Krait edition

S means nothing here thou

the SLi naming means this board supports SLi

not the S

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

S means nothing here thou

the SLi naming means this board supports SLi

not the S

I know it was just a thought

I know it was just a thought

the S is actually the old version... if you want the new model, get the z97a...

Yea... S is the standard edition. A is the edition that includes USB 3.1 Gen 2 (since mobo makers are gay fags that want to call usb 3.0 usb 3.1 gen1... Didn't people have enough issue with SATA III vs SATA3...)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS