A civilization in descent (Forum roleplay signup thread)

A_Train

((This is a forum RP open to anyone if you have previous forum experience or not. Don't be intimidated I'll try and help you as much as I can. This is the page to sign up so that you are documented.))

The roleplay will be done here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/507461-forum-rp-action-thread-a-civilization-in-descent/ (Please DO NOT put anything but your application or out of character questions here)            

The year is 2025, resources like water, and oil continue to deplete, and tensions from Asia to the Americas continues to rise with no other solution to oil being ready just yet. Wide differing views on how resources are to be handled by the UN have lead to an overall drop in the UN's effectiveness to nearly non existence. They did however manage to enact a global bill declaring all weapons of mass destruction to be globally illegal, and have removed and source of them from first world nation.  China is in a civil war with the fight for democracy splitting the country in half. The USA is all in tact, however Alaska, Washington State, Oregon, and California's governors have all declared an interest in leaving the united states to join Canada for a more liberal approach to the issues at hand. How will the world function? Just from news you can tell there will be a lot of War, poverty, and broken alliances in the very near future. 

((In this forum RP you will become a world leader of a nation of your choice [Must be a real nation] in a time where nothing really seems stable anymore. You will make your own alliances or enemies with other roleplayers. Will you try to make peace? Improve technology? Have world domination? The choice is yours, but remember "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction" -Sir Isaac Newton" ))

Rules (Please read)

1. Do not meta game. Meta gaming is when you use out of character information in character to gain an advantage. For example say I in character sent an email to the Russian leader that I planned to attack France, and suddenly France attacks me first France probably meta gamed. (TIP: You can PM people on the forums, sensitive information is less likely to be Meta'd if it's only sent to the intended person

2. Absolutely positively NO nukes! I've done this RP before, with the proper rule set it's very fun, with nukes it goes downhill VERY fast and is not much fun at all.

3. Do not power game. Power gaming is being more powerful than possible.   You can't suddenly go from 1,000 troops to 100,000 troops not doing anything. If you want more troops you can campaign or do forced conscription (Expect some political backlash from NPCS [i Play NPCS] if you force conscript.)

4. One year = 5 pages. This is important to know for people who are making more technology or campaigning for more troops. When doing something add how long it should take. Ex. Canada starts to campaign for more troops there is an expected gain of 1,000 troops in a year. 

5. When you plan to battle with another nation both nations must PM me with the number of troops they are attacking/defending with so I can determine a winner with my algorithm. 

6. Please take a screenshot of your troop/vehicle numbers from the website http://www.globalfirepower.com/ and put it in your application (To find the country you want use this link and replace "United-States-Of-America" with your country name: http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=United-States-of-America If you are playing China your numbers are cut in half, and you'll be fighting off NPC rebels

7. Use photos in your post to make it more visually exciting (Even if it's just your flag. Show you are putting more effort than a quickly typed post)

8. If you have read the rules put "I'm a leader I make the rules" in the 'Have you read the rules'

Application:

Country name:

Your character's name:

Your character's title (King, sultan, president, ETC):

Global firepower screenshot:

Have you read the rules?:

Current countries player controlled countries: 

France: President Michael Breaux (A_train) (Game mod)

Brazil: President Henrique (007agentHP)

The Social Republic of The Netherlands: Leider Anton Mussert  (Security) [Rebel group]

Country name: Brasil

Your Character's name: Fernando Henrique Cardoso (Nickname: Henrique)

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=brazil

post-145442-0-41954800-1450391097.png

post-145442-0-11342000-1450391104_thumb.

I'm a leader and i make the rules

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Country name: Brasil

Your Character's name: Fernando Henrique Cardoso (Nickname: Henrique)

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=brazil

attachicon.gifTroops.png

attachicon.gifVehicle Numbers.png

I'm a leader and i make the rules

ACCEPTED. I think a mod deleted the RP page because they thought it was a duplicate. Once it is up feel free to make your opening post/ acceptance speech. Keep checking the front page for it, it should be up within the next few minutes

Country name: Sociale republiek der Nederlanden (Social republic of the Netherlands)
Your character's name: Anton Mussert
Your character's title (King, sultan, president, ETC): Leider
Global firepower screenshot: http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=netherlands
Have you read the rules?: I'm a leader I make the rules.
Remarks: It is a rebellion and as per A_Train's PM I have half the nation's army and are at war with the Netherlands.

Country name: Sociale republiek der Nederlanden (Social republic of the Netherlands)

Your character's name: Anton Mussert

Your character's title (King, sultan, president, ETC): Leider

Global firepower screenshot: http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=netherlands

Have you read the rules?: I'm a leader I make the rules.

Remarks: It is a rebellion and as per A_Train's PM I have half the nation's army and are at war with the Netherlands.

accepted