Ps4 Loud fan

Okay so i have had my ps4 for 2 years now so no warranty, it can get extremely loud when playing rocket league and other games and I'm pretty sure there is nothing i can do i have seen some people have this issue yet it doesn't seem to be as loud as mine :/ . I moved my ps4 to my monitor of my pc because the monitor just looks better. Before i had it on a casual tv and the issue still occurred. So is there anything that i can do? I reached behind my ps4 and i can feel the air coming out and its crazy how loud the fan is. I have opened it up before to clean the fan and i never had it laying flat when i used my tv for the 2 years, instead i had it on its side without a stand so yes i was blocking some ventilation yet i wasn't aware of this issue. I do have a gaming pc yet i can't use it for a week due to heat issues with the cpu. So whats wrong here? 

To get a better understanding look at this video i apologise for no editing or anything but skip about 1 minute to hear the fan :/ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtVZKH-yK7A&feature=youtu.be

Okay so i have had my ps4 for 2 years now so no warranty, it can get extremely loud when playing rocket league and other games and I'm pretty sure there is nothing i can do i have seen some people have this issue yet it doesn't seem to be as loud as mine :/ . I moved my ps4 to my monitor of my pc because the monitor just looks better. Before i had it on a casual tv and the issue still occurred. So is there anything that i can do? I reached behind my ps4 and i can feel the air coming out and its crazy how loud the fan is. I have opened it up before to clean the fan and i never had it laying flat when i used my tv for the 2 years, instead i had it on its side without a stand so yes i was blocking some ventilation yet i wasn't aware of this issue. I do have a gaming pc yet i can't use it for a week due to heat issues with the cpu. So whats wrong here? 

To get a better understanding look at this video i apologise for no editing or anything but skip about 1 minute to hear the fan :/ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtVZKH-yK7A&feature=youtu.be

it's a ps4 that is two years old, since you can't take it apart without voiding the warranty it gets dirty.

clean all filters, fans and heatsinks ;)

it's a ps4 that is two years old, since you can't take it apart without voiding the warranty it gets dirty.

clean all filters, fans and heatsinks ;)

Dude a ps4 waranty is only for 1 year anyway so :/ 

that's why you should clean it now :)

I guess your right, its just that a ps4 is not like a pc to take apart, i will see how it goes from here on out thank you but if it does break I'm not buying another console due to the hardware being terrible in general :) 

I guess your right, its just that a ps4 is not like a pc to take apart, i will see how it goes from here on out thank you but if it does break I'm not buying another console due to the hardware being terrible in general :)

It totally is, it all comes apart easy Look up PCPerpectives tear down on it! it will be very helpful.

Rocket League is known for one of the games that push the PS4 the hardest, and while i haven't noticed the issue many reported it

I'm not sure a replacement of the thermal paste is in order, but it might improve noise and heat performance. 2 years is a little early, but it will need to be redone periodically, I waited 8 years on my PS3 and the Tpaste was dust.

BvtkWIW.jpg

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

okay however if my ps4 breaks i probably won't even bother as i prefer pc gaming anyway but i will definitely take it apart like you said to see what i can doo :) 

It totally is, it all comes apart easy Look up PCPerpectives tear down on it! it will be very helpful.

Rocket League is known for one of the games that push the PS4 the hardest, and while i haven't noticed the issue many reported it

I'm not sure a replacement of the thermal paste is in order, but it might improve noise and heat performance. 2 years is a little early, but it will need to be redone periodically, I waited 8 years on my PS3 and the Tpaste was dust.

BvtkWIW.jpg

okay however if my ps4 breaks i probably won't even bother as i prefer pc gaming anyway but i will definitely take it apart like you said to see what i can doo :)

I said get a good Video though.

Its quite easy if you keep all your screws together and don't drop anything

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

holy shit that is loud. Sounds like a jet engine. Clean your ps4 but I remember my ps4 being very loud when rocket league first came out- many users reported the game overheating their console and making it loud so the question is, have you updated the game and does it sound the same in other games?

Just trying to troll here sooooooo.

Console Peasant.

#PCMasterRace

My aye kan c mor dhan 24fps.

1080 uLtra

When lives hand you lemon, suck them hard and post a selfie with it.

I've never seen a ps4 get that loud. My ps4 never gets that loud when I played rocket league on it. I would definitely recommend taking it apart and redo the thermal paste. It probably just needs to be cleaned. 

holy shit that is loud. Sounds like a jet engine. Clean your ps4 but I remember my ps4 being very loud when rocket league first came out- many users reported the game overheating their console and making it loud so the question is, have you updated the game and does it sound the same in other games?

No where near as loud on other games but still quite loud. The thing is i used my ps4 heavily for 2 years straight I'm talking about 5-6 hours a day at least, so yes i have a lot of spare time on my hands xD 

Just trying to troll here sooooooo.

Console Peasant.

#PCMasterRace

My aye kan c mor dhan 24fps.

1080 uLtra

I also have a pc so well done :') Just use the ps4 as well sometimes 

Clean and repaste.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6