Cannot find DisplayPort->HDMI Adapter supporting above 1080p. Need Adapter for Ultrawide 21:9 Res.

Dossium
Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

I have had one for awhile, and loved it. When they had a two-for-one price sale, I jumped on that.

Fair enough.

But still, I think a single 34'' Ultra wide is way better. The hight on that 25'' must be terrible.  :unsure: 

Btw.: There are dozens of adapters on amazon... :P

http://www.amazon.com/gofanco%C2%AE-Plated-DisplayPort-Resolution-Adapter/dp/B00Y1DDNN8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450308753&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=displayport+to+hdmi&psc=1

and also cables...

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B004C9QST2/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450308753&sr=1-6&keywords=displayport+to+hdmi

Hey all,

Running an MSI 980Ti Twin Frozr

3xDisplayPort

1xDVI

1xHDMI

Posted a few days ago about my troubles with getting three LG Ultrawides to work at full resolution with my adapter army. I finally got two working at max res using a DVI->HDMI Adapter paired with the pure HDMI connection already existing from my card. Now all I have left to work with are the Displayports, and I have one more monitor to get working. 

Did some searching, and I am having a hard time finding something that will do the job. Preferably under $30, and on Amazon or Newegg.

Thanks in advance.

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

like sauron said, why aren't you using displayport? as it's easier to just grab a cable than bugger about with adaptors.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

You have 3 DisplayPorts.

You have 3 Displays.

Why do you need adapters?  :huh:

Ugh forgot to explain.

The ultrawides only have two HDMI ins for IO.

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Ugh forgot to explain.

what monitors are those?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ugh forgot to explain.

There are only two monitors on LG's UltraWide setup and you bought one of them? Q_Q

All the 26 other displays have DisplayPort. ._.''

what monitors are those?

LG 25UM57s

Epic monitors, giving me a nightmare to go with all the screen real-estate.

dossium.net >

There are only two monitors on LG's UltraWide setup and you bought one of them? Q_Q

All the 26 other displays have DisplayPort. ._.''

I have had one for awhile, and loved it. When they had a two-for-one price sale, I jumped on that.

dossium.net >

LG 25UM57s

Epic monitors, giving me a nightmare to go with all the screen real-estate.

these are just fine then, I thought you meant 3440x1440 monitors

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

these are just fine then, I thought you meant 3440x1440 monitors

Thanks for a link. 

dossium.net >

I'm sorry I'm not of any help in your situation, but I have a question. I've been looking around for a new monitor and I've eyed the one you have. Would you recommend it?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Fair enough.

But still, I think a single 34'' Ultra wide is way better. The hight on that 25'' must be terrible.  :unsure: 

Btw.: There are dozens of adapters on amazon... :P

http://www.amazon.com/gofanco%C2%AE-Plated-DisplayPort-Resolution-Adapter/dp/B00Y1DDNN8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450308753&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=displayport+to+hdmi&psc=1

and also cables...

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B004C9QST2/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450308753&sr=1-6&keywords=displayport+to+hdmi

I'm sorry I'm not of any help in your situation, but I have a question. I've been looking around for a new monitor and I've eyed the one you have. Would you recommend it?

Definitely. If you are feeling budget-minded, and want more screen real-estate, this monitor is the perfect match. Have had it for 5 months now, and recommend it to anyone looking for a much cheaper Ultrawide with excellent colors.

dossium.net >

Not if you have a stack of three of them  :P

dossium.net >