What phone?

jaffacakes
Go to solution Solved by jaffacakes,

To be fair it's still a phone camera, don't expect it to do miracles. As I said, I think the better cpu will do more for the phone's usability in the long run than the gpu will.

True about both camera and CPU, but I hate the camera's HDR quality, as it scales weirdly in videos and whatnot.

I'll think about it and then PM you (if you don't mind) what I finally decide to buy.

Thanks for the help!

I'm still choosing a phone, and I'm not sure about which one to get.

The current phones I'm looking at are the Huawei P8 Lite, the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (5.5 version, with 2GB or RAM and 16GB of internal storage) and the Motorola Moto G.

They all cost the same here in Italy €200-€210.

They have similar specs too:

All have a 1280x720 screen, 13 MP camera and 5MP "selfie" camera (irrelevant since I don't take selfies) and Android 5.0.

Differences:
- P8 Lite: Snapdragon 615 (octacore) @1.5Ghz, MotionUI, 5" screen (294 ppi).

- Moto G: Snapdragon 410 (quadcore) @1.4Ghz, 5" screen (294 ppi).

- Zenfone 2 Laser: Snapdragon 410 @1.2Ghz, ZenUI, 5.5" screen (267 ppi).

The Zenfone 2 Laser also has the volume buttons on the back with the power button on top. The Moto G and P8 Lite have the same volume and power buttons layout (on the left side of the body).

My main two options are the Zenfone 2 Laser (mostly for screen size, battery, camera (subjective) and ZenUI) and the Moto G (best build quality, Motorola's UI). The P8 Lite is just a third solution, just to be safe.

What do you guys think?

Cheers.

I like the Moto G because of the update scheme to the latest Android and it's a really good phone (the 2GB version).

I love the design of the P8 lite, a friend of mine has it and he loves it.

Zenfone 2- haven't reviewed it personally.

Did you know that there is a Moto G with Snapdragon 615? :)

I've have both zenfone 2 and moto g

Build wise the moto is pretty fat compared to the zenfone

UI wise ZenUI is absolute shit, i love the stock android experneice

Camera i would say the zenfone 2 laser becasue well its basically made for taking pictures (hence lazer)

Battery life without all the shitty drain issues i would give ie to ZF2

I've have both zenfone 2 and moto g

Build wise the moto is pretty fat compared to the zenfone

Camera i would say the zenfone 2 laser becasue well its basically made for taking pictures (hence lazer)

Battery life without all the shitty drain issues i would give ie to ZF2

So which one?

Personally I'd take the p8 lite. The specs are superior and I've had no problems with huawei build quality in the past, it may just not feel quite as good in the hand, but you'll most likely want to buy a cover for it anyway. Also, zenUI isn't very good. The "normal" zenfone 2 is interesting for the monster cpu (given the price), the laser doesn't have much attractive in my opinion.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Personally I'd take the p8 lite. The specs are superior and I've had no problems with huawei build quality in the past, it may just not feel quite as good in the hand, but you'll most likely want to buy a cover for it anyway. Also, zenUI isn't very good. The "normal" zenfone 2 is interesting for the monster cpu (given the price), the laser doesn't have much attractive in my opinion.

Oh gawd this is getting harder. :unsure:

The graphics chip the P8 Lite has is worse than the other two, and I plan on some "gaming", such as Asphalt 8 and other graphics intensive games.

And 8 cores aren't really needed imo, since I don't tend to multi task nearly at all. 

Could you explain why, please?

Feels more solid, a friend has that and it doesn't feel cheap.

One last thing, is there a way to disable ZenUI / make it similar to stock Android?

Oh gawd this is getting harder. :unsure:

The graphics chip the P8 Lite has is worse than the other two, and I plan on some "gaming", such as Asphalt 8 and other graphics intensive games.

And 8 cores aren't really needed imo, since I don't tend to multi task nearly at all. 

when they say "octa core" what they actually mean is "4 good cores and 4 low power consumption cores for when you don't need the good ones". They don't work together. The 615 is still faster than the 410. Asphalt should work just fine, I'd rather have the phone be snappier than have slightly better game performance. Still, it's up to you,

By the way, have you considered this? It's not much more expensive but definitely worth it in my opinion.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

when they say "octa core" what they actually mean is "4 good cores and 4 low power consumption cores for when you don't need the good ones". They don't work together. The 615 is still faster than the 410. Asphalt should work just fine, I'd rather have the phone be snappier than have slightly better game performance. Still, it's up to you,

By the way, have you considered this? It's not much more expensive but definitely worth it in my opinion.

Too expensive, my parents won't let me spend more than €200, sadly.

snip

I'm tempted to go with the ZF2, but the P8 is holding me back.

Let's get rational:

ZF2: good camera for the price, better GPU. Shitty ZenUI, weird button layout.

P8 Lite: better CPU. Meh camera and shitty MotionUI.

Gawddamit, I always reach this stall point before buying stuff, even with things such as case fans...

I'm tempted to go with the ZF2, but the P8 is holding me back.

Let's get rational:

ZF2: good camera for the price, better GPU. Shitty ZenUI, weird button layout.

P8 Lite: better CPU. Meh camera and shitty MotionUI.

Gawddamit, I always reach this stall point before buying stuff, even with things such as case fans...

To be fair it's still a phone camera, don't expect it to do miracles. As I said, I think the better cpu will do more for the phone's usability in the long run than the gpu will.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

True about both camera and CPU, but I hate the camera's HDR quality, as it scales weirdly in videos and whatnot.

I'll think about it and then PM you (if you don't mind) what I finally decide to buy.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help!

glad to help a connational ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*