Rooting

DominicNikon

idk if its all pohones but when my dad was buying a contract, i asked them if we could install a custom ROM like cyanogen and they said, its perfectly fine

right, Verizon would be ok with it, but that doesn't fix the issue that the boot-loader is locked.

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

BTW, does anyone know if the note 4 Verizon is able to be rooted now? Ive been wanting to do that for a long time now.

I've tried with my friend like 20 times, still doesn't work I don't think.

Most US carriers lock bootloaders and prevent you from rooting.

No AT&T doesn't I just used the HTCDev method but there are tons of exploits for most bootloaders, just Verizon is a bunch of assholes.

ok. also in the play store theres apps for overclocking how do you overclock a phone? what do you do about voltage and heat?

Overclocking typically requires root. I've never done it, but I'd assume you get worse battery life and more heat. Given phones are passively cooled (even when they have heatpipes, it's still passive) overclocking is not something you want to try unless you plan on watercooling:

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

No AT&T doesn't I just used the HTCDev method but there are tons of exploits for most bootloaders, just Verizon is a bunch of assholes.

Overclocking typically requires root. I've never done it, but I'd assume you get worse battery life and more heat. Given phones are passively cooled (even when they have heatpipes, it's still passive) overclocking is not something you want to try unless you plan on watercooling:

AT&T locks the Samsung BL's.  Unproud owner of the AT&T S5 here. :(

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

im waiting for CM13 cause asus never fucking updates their phones and fixes the battery issues

though its currenerly in Alpha in XDA.dev's

I love CM but if HTC was already able to release GPE Marshmallow I a little feel like CM13 should be out by now. In a relative comparison, CM development is pretty damn slow.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Ill be watching this now. Thanks!

Watch XDA in general.  It's like the LTT of Android.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

*dreamily* would have been nice if i thought of that when buying my note 4....

If you bought it back when Android Lollipop hadn't been released then you still could have rooted on KK.  

he said Most carriers, stop being salty u potatoe

I'm salty because if Verizon phones could be rooted, then lord knows there would be way less fragmentation, whether they like it or nah.

AT&T locks the Samsung BL's.  Unproud owner of the AT&T S5 here. :(

That's news to me. Now I will A. never buy a Samsung phone and B. Always buy off contract from now on. Regardless, there are *few* benefits of choosing HTC over Samsung, clearly. Although, TouchWiz is still a little TOO BLUE for my tastes.

I'm salty because if Verizon phones could be rooted, then lord knows there would be way less fragmentation, whether they like it or nah.

That's news to me. Now I will A. never buy a Samsung phone and B. Always buy off contract from now on. Regardless, there are *few* benefits of choosing HTC over Samsung, clearly. Although, TouchWiz is still a little TOO BLUE for my tastes.

I don't really like HTC Sense anyways.  I still have a year on my S5 contract but I'll definitely be buying a Nexus or Moto phone next.

If you bought it back when Android Lollipop hadn't been released then you still could have rooted on KK.  

I never upgraded from kitkat. still running on android 4. Does this mean I could root?

Windows 10 is now MSX! http://linustechtips...ndows-10/page-6 ....................

I've rooted and overclocked all my phones I've had.It's quite easy really. I've never had any issues. XDA ftw!

I never upgraded from kitkat. still running on android 4. Does this mean I could root?

Yea I think so.  From what I remember, ATT and Verizon both rolled out locked Bootloaders with the 5.0 update.  Look through the General section in the link I gave you.  Maybe there will be a root tutorial for you.

I don't really like HTC Sense anyways.  I still have a year on my S5 contract but I'll definitely be buying a Nexus or Moto phone next.

Yeah I hate Sense too I don't think imma ever return unless I need a firmware or bootloader update for a custom ROM then I'd just take an OTA and get the new shiz and switch right off that gross ass shit called sense I WISH OEMS KEPT ANDROID STOCK IS THAT SO HARD? GOD

I've rooted and overclocked all my phones I've had.It's quite easy really. I've never had any issues. XDA ftw!

Does overclocking have worse battery tho?

Yea I think so.  From what I remember, ATT and Verizon both rolled out locked Bootloaders with the 5.0 update.  Look through the General section in the link I gave you.  Maybe there will be a root tutorial for you.

Ill spend some time looking through there tonight. Will do. Thanks again for the link!

Does overclocking have worse battery tho?

Yes. I don't notice it much as I'm always near a plug in.But you can also under clock which is great. On my older phones it allowed some games to play more smooth. I wouldn't really recommend it at all if you don't play games.

Yes. I don't notice it much as I'm always near a plug in.But you can also under clock which is great. On my older phones it allowed some games to play more smooth. I wouldn't really recommend it at all if you don't play games.

A'ight thanks m80800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igoW7FFhJG8

ok same reason why I got a h105 for overclocking