System clock running too fast

MrGod
Go to solution Solved by Bluejay0,

OVerclocked a...clock? What? Restart your PC.

After overclocking my i7 920 from 2.66 to 3 I have noticed that my system clock has started running slightly faster that it should.
Over time it gradually gets ahead of what time it should be at but it can be manually fixed by syncing with time.windows.com
A "minute" for my system clock lasts for ~53s on my phone. (which works perfectly into the ratio of 2.66 to 3)

I am not sure if I have done anything wrong on my overclock or it is something else causing the issue.

CPU: i7 920

MoBo: P6T Deluxe V2

RAM: 12GB DDR3 1600MHz

I have also noticed that task manager thinks I still have old clock speed, while CPUZ reads it as 3GHz which I expect it to be.

http://i.imgur.com/wXqSc8e.png

(task manager on the left, cpuz on the right)

After overclocking my i7 920 from 2.66 to 3 I have noticed that my system clock has started running slightly faster that it should.
Over time it gradually gets ahead of what time it should be at but it can be manually fixed by syncing with time.windows.com
A "minute" for my system clock lasts for ~53s on my phone. (which works perfectly into the ratio of 2.66 to 3)

I am not sure if I have done anything wrong on my overclock or it is something else causing the issue.

I have also noticed that task manager thinks I still have old clock speed, while CPUZ reads it as 3GHz which I expect it to be.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

this is a known issue with Windows 8.

Error: 410

I think it has something to do with the base clock and windows 8

The alteration to the base clock is affecting the windows clock

this is a known issue with Windows 8.

Yeah. What else isn't an issue with Win 8? Anyways the humor still gets me, overclocking a clock...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Open the command prompt as true administrator:

bcdedit /set {current} useplatformclock yes

Restart your computer.

That, or change your overclock configuration.

Also, Task manager shows the average core clock of all 4 cores. While CPU-Z only shows you the speed of Core 0.

This worked :D

Weirdly this will be the third time I have booted after the overclock, but at least now it seems to have understood the correct clock speed.