New Build for working

feliupol

Hello, I'm planning to get a new computer and I would like to know your opinions about it, Do you like it? is there a better option?...

I need it to work with Solidworks and some other specialized software.

Also I use some programs from adobe suite, specially Lightroom which is very resource demanding. 

General use with office, chrome (I usually have way tooo much tabs opened, so i'll be eating RAM for dinner) and some ocasional gaming (not to much).

My own computer is very slow with SW and adobe so I usually use another one which doesn't have a graphics card. It's an i5 3470 and the integrated graphics work just fine for non gaming tasks. I think I'll be happy with the i7 6700 integrated gpu and if not I can always buy one although I would wait until the next line of nvidia or maybe grab a second hand quadro. But i'll have to take it into account when choosing the PSU wattage

I already have and ssd, a Samsung 850EVO 250gb, so that's out of the list too. 

I don't use mechanical hdd in my desktop, I keep most of the work in a NAS. Also I never use the dvd drive (I could always use an external one if needed...) so the front part of a typical case layout it would be a waste of space for me. I like the S340 since it doesn't have that, let me know if there is a similar one... I've choosen the Razer edition since i rather the matte looking over the glossy one.

Here's the list:

Intel Core i7-6700 (nonK) 3.40GHz Skylake Socket 1151

Asus Z170-A Z170 Socket 1151

NZXT S340 Special Edition Razer Black

Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB 2400Mhz) CL15

Corsair CSM650 650W - Modular 80+ Gold

Noctua NH-D15 - 140mm

http://www.coolmod.com/presupuesto-pc/u5p

PD: I use two screens, one with DVI and another with VGA

I'd throw in a dedicated gpu just for kicks, but it's your build and the 6700 is a good cpu.

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

Since you are going with a non-k cpu, you could save a few bucks with going for something that isnt z170, but then again that is a pretty solid board and I dont have a better recommendation off the top of my head. As far as PSU's go, if you plan on getting a GPU down the road, just make sure to get a 450+ watt psu from a good brand and you should be good pretty much no matter the GPU (dual gpu cards not included)

Other than that the build looks pretty sweet.

When in doubt, re-format.

Try not to get a Z board for a non overclock CPU, use the money to buy more storage space :D.

Also the NH-D15 is fairly overkill, i would recommend getting a much cheaper cooler(EVO 212 *Cough* and spend the money somewhere else).

Also lightroom using GPU to accelerate it's processes, if you would like, i would wrap up a pcpartpicker build just for you. 

Also i wouldn't recommend that PSU as it is too expensive for no reason.

-EDIT-

Or you can use (http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/886/entry-1037-editing-build-e1041-1041-8-thread-cuda/) this as reference.

I'd throw in a dedicated gpu just for kicks, but it's your build and the 6700 is a good cpu.

I don't have a budget but I won't be throwing money to something I'm not sure and that can be upgraded easily

I don't have a budget but I won't be throwing money to something I'm not sure and that can be upgraded easily

Fair Enough

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

Since you are going with a non-k cpu, you could save a few bucks with going for something that isnt z170, but then again that is a pretty solid board and I dont have a better recommendation off the top of my head. As far as PSU's go, if you plan on getting a GPU down the road, just make sure to get a 450+ watt psu from a good brand and you should be good pretty much no matter the GPU (dual gpu cards not included)

Other than that the build looks pretty sweet.

What if i got both geforce and quadro?  :lol:

It is a big waste of money as if you could grab two of those cards together that are at the same price point, the non-quaddro one will outperform the other by more than 60%.

In that case I would go with about 650 or so.

In all reality, it would likely never pull more than about 450 watts from the wall, but a little breathing room is nice to that your PSU isnt at 100% load when you give it a long render job or whatever.

Also, getting an overkill PSU is nice since a lot of the good ones now wont even spin up the fans till it is at 50% load.

Try not to get a Z board for a non overclock CPU, use the money to buy more storage space :D.

Also the NH-D15 is fairly overkill, i would recommend getting a much cheaper cooler(EVO 212 *Cough* and spend the money somewhere else).

Also lightroom using GPU to accelerate it's processes, if you would like, i would wrap up a pcpartpicker build just for you. 

Also i wouldn't recommend that PSU as it is too expensive for no reason.

-EDIT-

Or you can use (http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/886/entry-1037-editing-build-e1041-1041-8-thread-cuda/) this as reference.

I want this to be suuuperquiet, maybe I could go for a cheaper noctua cooler... Actually i'm tempted to go for the more expensive one because it turns the fan off when it's in idle.

It is a big waste of money as if you could grab two of those cards together that are at the same price point, the non-quaddro one will outperform the other by more than 60%.

He specifically said non not for gaming.

He specifically said non not for gaming.

He also said that it was a resource hog, quaddro cards are for accuracy and computing, whatever he is doing right now would not benefit from quaddro.

I want this to be suuuperquiet, maybe I could go for a cheaper noctua cooler... Actually i'm tempted to go for the more expensive one because it turns the fan off when it's in idle.

May i ask where are you purchasing the items from and what currency you might be using?

I would guess Euro, but ill never guess correctly.

It is a big waste of money as if you could grab two of those cards together that are at the same price point, the non-quadro one will outperform the other by more than 60%.

I'm not documented enought to buy a quadro, but I think programs like SW use some special features... For gaming of course, it would make no sense. Also only the quadros can output 10 bit color although i don't have a 10bit panel.

I think Edzel and Brandon have quadros, but only edzel has the 10bit screen. I wonder what Brandon uses it for...?

May i ask where are you purchasing the items from and what currency you might be using?

I would guess Euro, but ill never guess correctly.

Spain, euro

I'm not documented enought to buy a quadro, but I think programs like SW use some special features... For gaming of course, it would make no sense. Also only the quadros can output 10 bit color although i don't have a 10bit panel.

I think Edzel and Brandon have quadros, but only edzel has the 10bit screen. I wonder what Brandon uses it for...?

They use it so that there will be less errors during their tasks.

Crashes almost NEVER happen while in hardcore tasks. And the quadro cards are usually so well binned that they are insanely well performers of their own category.

Looks all pretty good. I would change three things.

• First, put a dedicated GPU. Do it. Adobe programs, among others, take advantage of GPUs with things like CUDA acceleration. It will smoothen your workflow. That may apply to video editing more than lightroom however. 
  • either get an i7 6700k or get rid of that cpu cooler. it is wayyyyy overkill fror a non overclockable cpu. i would go for something smaller and a little less expensive such as the noctua nh-l9i or the hyper 212 evo from coolermaster. the 212 is good for cooling and a bit of overclocking and the noctua is tiny and is whisper quiet 
  • maybe look at a slightly better power supply just for little comfort features. I recommend the RM series from corsair as it offers a low power silent fan mode and is 80plus gold

Tell me what you think and have great day :)

Is it reasonable to save 70€ for not going to the K version? I'm not going to overclock it.

Base Clock - Turbo

K         4,0                 4,2

nonK   3,4                 4,0

There's a big difference between the base clocks but the turbos are almost the same... 

Is it reasonable to save 70€ for not going to the K version? I'm not going to overclock it.

Base Clock - Turbo

K         4,0                 4,2

nonK   3,4                 4,0

There's a big difference between the base clocks but the turbos are almost the same... 

No reason to be honest, the difference between the K and the non K is that the K is the better binned CPU and performs better while overclocking.

It is true that the K cpu can overclock significantly but it will not be a jaw dropping extent.

Looks all pretty good. I would change three things.

• First, put a dedicated GPU. Do it. Adobe programs, among others, take advantage of GPUs with things like CUDA acceleration. It will smoothen your workflow. That may apply to video editing more than lightroom however. 
  • either get an i7 6700k or get rid of that cpu cooler. it is wayyyyy overkill fror a non overclockable cpu. i would go for something smaller and a little less expensive such as the noctua nh-l9i or the hyper 212 evo from coolermaster. the 212 is good for cooling and a bit of overclocking and the noctua is tiny and is whisper quiet 
  • maybe look at a slightly better power supply just for little comfort features. I recommend the RM series from corsair as it offers a low power silent fan mode and is 80plus gold

Tell me what you think and have great day :)

It's noctua or anything, i love the color sheme of their puke tan and brown poop fans  B)

Seriously, you are right, I'll choose a slightly less overkill one, but from noctua

I don't need more storage, I have 4tb in raid mirror on the nas :) and I have some old sata hdd laying around although they are certanly not quiet.

The mobo is cheaper yes, but for 40€ i get 5.1 (which I have speakers for) more I/O and it looks waayyy better (Seeing 2 PCI makes me cry). 

Yes, 970 is what I was looking after but I think i'll wait until the next lineup

I don't need more storage, I have 4tb in raid mirror on the nas :) and I have some old sata hdd laying around although they are certanly not quiet.

The mobo is cheaper yes, but for 40€ i get 5.1 (which I have speakers for) more I/O and it looks waayyy better (Seeing 2 PCI makes me cry)

Oh okay, so you are one of those people who prefer Z boards because of the actual features xD.

Great haha, but if that is so might as well get a K cpu, and make the build albeit less pointless.

Plus the cooler you have chosen can do overclocking REALLY well, it even goes against some single rad watercoolers.

Oh okay, so you are one of those people who prefer Z boards because of the actual features xD.

Great haha, but if that is so might as well get a K cpu, and make the build albeit less pointless.

Plus the cooler you have chosen can do overclocking REALLY well, it even goes against some single rad watercoolers.

The Z170 its the same with 20 pcie lanes instead of 16 isnt it? I think its reasonable if you want a gpu at 16x and something else at 4x