AMD Problems

Hey guys i recently built a pc of my own and happened to run in to a really annoying problem where my pc froze completely and made a buzzing sound for like 5-10  seconds, which after i had to force restart it. I have a FX-6300, R7 250, 8gb G.Skill ripjaws 2x4, Zalman 400W, gigabyte 970A-d3p, Zalman z11 pro case and a samsung 850 120gb evo. Please help this happens after every 20 - 80 mins after turning on the pc!!!!!

P.s the sound comes from the speakers or any audio output

Hey guys i recently built a pc of my own and happened to run in to a really annoying problem where my pc froze completely and made a buzzing sound for like 5-10  seconds, which after i had to force restart it. I have a FX-6300, R7 250, 8gb G.Skill ripjaws 2x4, Zalman 400W, gigabyte 970A-d3p, Zalman z11 pro case and a samsung 850 120gb evo. Please help this happens after every 20 - 80 mins after turning on the pc!!!!!

No overclock? Possibly a faulty motherboard.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

open your side panel when it happens and find whats buzzing... is it a fan or coil whine?

ok are your speakers plugged into the motherboard...

If so try the front jack on your case.

do you have a USB sound interface you can try...

do you have other speakers you could try...

how would that work?

I had an issue with a motherboard where it would run fine but wouldn't perform well in games and it turned out the motherboard was faulty. If you're running a legit version of windows and none of your parts are faulty then the board itself could be causing the issue. Another thing could be your power supply only being 400w, you could run a stress test to investigate that however.

the buzzing comes from the speakers

Speakers are plugged into the motherboard? Try making sure all your drivers are up to date and or try re-installing them, if the problem still persists then try a different board.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

i've updated all drivers and the problem still persists

Its possible its the PSU-the models I just saw when looking on Google look sketchy AF. The symptoms are exactly what I get with my old dual Pentium III/Geforce FX 5500 rig if I use my old 400W PSU (strong 5V rail), new 400W PSU (strong 12V rail) and VS 650. Only my CX850M can power the rig without it locking up.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

i'm planning to upgrade my cpu to like a 8350, gpu to a r9 380 and power supply to a cx 750. Would that help?

i'm planning to upgrade my cpu to like a 8350, gpu to a r9 380 and power supply to a cx 750. Would that help?

That motherboard isn't recommended for an 8350, you need motherboards with true 8+2 power phases like a sabretooth or ROG board, anything else will just cause problems. I'd recommend either upgrading to intel for performance per dollar as you're buying cheap parts and expecting a lot from them, or waiting for next year to drop all the next gen stuff like Zen, pascal etc

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

NEVER get Corsair CX or VS power supplies. They're made of 99% shit. Get something remotely decent, like anything from Seasonic, Cooler Master G series are okay too.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro