Normal temperatures for h100gtx with oc?

alanz25

Hi guys i just built my first system here, since i have a 4690k and a h100 gtx i decided to overclock it. Right now under prime 95 blend test its around 75-83 degrees Celsius with a clock speed of 4.5 ghz (1.332 vcore, 2v vrin). As this is my first time doing stuff like this, i just want to make sure that this is within normal temperatures. Also because i installed the rad the other way around to get the tubes out of the way - this caused some horizontal strain when installing the CPU cooler block, so i just want to make sure its not bad contact or a defective unit thanks!

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

Hi guys i just built my first system here, since i have a 4690k and a h100 gtx i decided to overclock it. Right now under prime 95 blend test its around 75-83 degrees Celsius with a clock speed of 4.5 ghz (1.332 vcore, 2v vrin). As this is my first time doing stuff like this, i just want to make sure that this is within normal temperatures. Also because i installed the rad the other way around to get the tubes out of the way - this caused some horizontal strain when installing the CPU cooler block, so i just want to make sure its not bad contact or a defective unit thanks!

Sounds about right.  What are your idle temps?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Those are good from the look of things I would stress testing with something else like Adia 64 or Intel ATU though since P95 tends to over do it on the stress testing causing the CPU to overvolt at times.

23-25 degrees idle

p.s: i tend to find prime 95 to find any instabilities faster, although i am looking  into the Intel stress tesing program (il run it if i find time)

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

p.s i haven't ran the small fft test which apparently produces "maximum heat"