Sennheiser HD 558

Ethan97

Sennheiser HD 558 for high quality audio purposes e.g gaming, videos, music etc should i get the Sennheiser HD 558 and then get a separate high quality Microphone? Or do I go with a High quality headset that has good sound qualities strong magnets and big bass drivers with a good mic?

thanks for your help :) 

headphones+modmic > headset

the 558s will be a great choice 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Most gaming headsets don't have super good sound quality, compared to high end headphones. If you want good sound quality go with headphones and either a modmic or a desk mic. Keep in mind the 558's are open headphones, which means the sound is more natural but the sound also leaks out so others can hear what you are listening to 

Htese headphones are very good. I have bought them 4 month ago and I am very happy with them. As a microphone I use the Samson Go mic. It is small and sounds good.