help me

tejinder

my brothers pc is always making huge noise , its an dell prebuit pc with core 2 quad and an hdd 
its 6 year old and when i ran stress tests maximum core temperatures were 73-75 degree Celsius 
it has got only 2 fans in and stupid looking case 
please suggest me some thing to make it quite
and should i replace hdd with ssd bcuz its too slow and all he uses it for is typing and school teaching stuff 
and in last 6 years it was never opened  

clean it

get new fans

get new hdd, as itll work better, and it doesnt sound like he needs an ssd

new cpu cooler may be quieter, but it doesnt sound like he needs it

another cheapo one will be just fine

my brothers pc is always making huge noise , its an dell prebuit pc with core 2 quad and an hdd 

its 6 year old and when i ran stress tests maximum core temperatures were 73-75 degree Celsius 

it has got only 2 fans in and stupid looking case 

please suggest me some thing to make it quite

and should i replace hdd with ssd bcuz its too slow and all he uses it for is typing and school teaching stuff 

Well if it was never opened it first probably needs a good cleaning, after that check how it's doing, if it's still really loud then looking for some new case fans and coolers would be a good next step.

Id just move it to another room and get really long cables if you dont wanna spend a fortune on noise dampening kits/new fans

And this spells the extent of the problem. Fans have to be cleaned out periodically to clear them of dust -- both off the blades and out of the motor. Get a can of compressed air and keep the vacuum handy. Run the vacuum near where you're spraying the compressed air to collect as much dust as possible. A synthetic painbrush will come in handy to knock loose any stubborn buildup.

Beyond that, you'll likely need to replace any fans currently in the system. Since it's 6 years old, it likely uses 80mm fans, which there are some good quiet options out there. Enermax makes a good option, as does Noiseblocker, though it's a bit more expensive. It'd also be a good idea to buy new thermal paste since you're likely to need a refresh on it. You can find tutorials online about how to clean off the old and apply new.

Do all of that and it should have things running pretty well.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

Have you identified the loud components?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.