GPU for a Optiplex 745

The_Mumbler

Recently got an Optiplex 745 from the trash, it runs fine, but its missing a hard drive and 3gb of the RAM it was supposed to come with. I replaced the hard drive and got a replacement 8gb of RAM on the way as well as a replacement PSU. I was wondering, as I am not familiar with the technology, what GPU could I put in the machine that wouldnt be bottle necked by the older hardware. I was thinking something like a Nvidia 500 series graphics card. Give me suggestions please. Thank you.

Recently got an Optiplex 745 from the trash, it runs fine, but its missing a hard drive and 3gb of the RAM it was supposed to come with. I replaced the hard drive and got a replacement 8gb of RAM on the way as well as a replacement PSU. I was wondering, as I am not familiar with the technology, what GPU could I put in the machine that wouldnt be bottle necked by the older hardware. I was thinking something like a Nvidia 500 series graphics card. Give me suggestions please. Thank you.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother.

If you're going to upgrade the GPU, you'd more than likely have to upgrade CPU, which means new motherboard, and possibly new RAM.

In short, you'd be putting more money into the system, than the entire system itself is worth.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother.

If you're going to upgrade the GPU, you'd more than likely have to upgrade CPU, which means new motherboard, and possibly new RAM.

In short, you'd be putting more money into the system, than the entire system itself is worth.

Im not concerned about that. I just want to see how much power I can get out of the old thing. A silly project for the weekend.

Im not concerned about that. I just want to see how much power I can get out of the old thing. A silly project for the weekend.

Do you know what CPU it has?

What CPU does it have? What PSU does it have? I have a Optiplex 990 myself that I have upgraded to to capable gaming machine.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

HD 5450 keep it quiet

There are also low profile 750s

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.