iPhone Charging Case Theory

So a little back I came up with a theory. The idea is that Apple's new iPhone case is so weird and ergonomic and generally stupid that it couldn't possibly be designed without some strange special conditions. Remembering the Macbook 2015's tiered battery system, I thought, "What if they took extra batteries from that and put them into the case?" 

I slowly came to obsess over this. So, tonight, I decided to run the numbers. Taking photos of the iPhone 6s case, the Macbook 2015, and using a ruler on my screen to measure the approximate sizes of components within each, I came up with the following crude diagrams:

Aaaaaaaand it's not perfect. It's close, close enough I could chalk it up to shitty measurement and bad arithmetic. But I prefer to, instead of justifiying the old theory, push it a step further. I say that some Apple engineer fucked up the dimensions on an order of batteries for the Macbook, and because Apple had to do *something* with them, they made a weird and shitty iPhone case. 

Honestly, this still doesn't really justify the case. They should have just trashed the batteries. 

That ain't Falco. 

I would stay far, far away from this case...

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

I don't think that trashing lithium ion batteries is very environmentally friendly.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Mophie makes a way way way better battery case than Apple.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D