Building my first PC

weeddubstep

Hi guys, I would like to get some opinions on my new build - the items that I have stated are items that I have already bought and there's no way I can change them because I'm really really tight on budget.. But do tell me what you think.

CPU : i5-6600k

GPU : GeForce 750Ti StormX

MOBO : GA B150M-D3H DDR4

RAM : Crucial DDR4 8GB 2133 x2

SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

PSU : Aero Cool 600W

So with this current build.. I'm currently missing a CPU cooler for my i5-6600k because apparently I bought only the chip.. Any recommendations on what I can get maybe.. below $50 SGD?

Hi guys, I would like to get some opinions on my new build - the items that I have stated are items that I have already bought and there's no way I can change them because I'm really really tight on budget.. But do tell me what you think.

So with this current build.. I'm currently missing a CPU cooler for my i5-6600k because apparently I bought only the chip.. Any recommendations on what I can get maybe.. below $50 SGD?

You should got an better GPU and PSU. Overall it's good.

For the price,  the Hyper 212 Evo is a great CPU cooler for moderate overclocking.

Other than that, I would get a better GPU.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

You should got an better GPU and PSU. Overall it's good.

I do agree that the GPU could have been better.. But let's see where this 750Ti will take me :)  Good to know that at least it's good overall.

I do agree that the GPU could have been better.. But let's see where this 750Ti will take me :)  Good to know that at least it's good overall.

i own a 750Ti and it's good for low to medium settings on most new games like Fallout 4 with a stable 45FPS, while using a 1080P monitor.

honestly, it's not a very good GPU!

also, for about 50 bucks i suggest you get a 212 evo. it's a good cooler for the price and it even allows for some moderate overclocking

Change the psu,that unit is horrible.Anything from XFX,EVGA,Seasonic or SuperFlower is good

I was thinking of purchasing the Cooler Master B600 but not too sure if the watts are enough. I'll go for another screening tomorrow to search for some parts.

6600K with a B150?? Get the 6600 non K and save the extra money.

CHANGE THE PSU!!!!!!!!!!! That PSU is trash.

Your GPU is disproportionate to the rest of your build and is gonna be the weak point.

Whats your budget and what country do you live in?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

i own a 750Ti and it's good for low to medium settings on most new games like Fallout 4 with a stable 45FPS, while using a 1080P monitor.

honestly, it's not a very good GPU!

also, for about 50 bucks i suggest you get a 212 evo. it's a good cooler for the price and it even allows for some moderate overclocking

I have made comparison between the GTX 750Ti and Palit GeForce GTX 750Ti StormX Dual.. so I decided to go with Palit as their price were not-too-bad.

Is this "Cooler Master 212 Evo" = "Cooler Master 212X"? Because I'm checking through some of the shop's price lists and they don't seem to show 212 Evo.

6600K with a B150?? Get the 6600 non K and save the extra money.

CHANGE THE PSU!!!!!!!!!!! That PSU is trash.

Your GPU is disproportionate to the rest of your build and is gonna be the weak point.

Whats your budget and what country do you live in?

I'm close to finishing the build and I can't actually calculate my budget anymore, but any other recommendations would be good as there might be chances that I can make last minute changes. And I live in Singapore :)

I have made comparison between the GTX 750Ti and Palit GeForce GTX 750Ti StormX Dual.. so I decided to go with Palit as their price were not-too-bad.

Is this "Cooler Master 212 Evo" = "Cooler Master 212X"? Because I'm checking through some of the shop's price lists and they don't seem to show 212 Evo.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-evo/

this is the one i'm talking about. tough the 212X might even be a bit better

change the cpu/mobo like right now buying an unlocked k processor would be a waste if it's just going to be used on a b150.

get a locked and cheaper i5. and pour the res of the money on a better gpu but It's better poured into the PSU at least get a 80+ bronze one

edit: I'm not sure if you have the cpu already, but in that case change the motherboard

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Then I will probably get the 212X instead since it's STILL within my budget. Thanks a lot for all your recommendations :)

Get the normal evo and put the money towards the psu

change the cpu/mobo like right now buying an unlocked k processor would be a waste if it's just going to be used on a b150.

get a locked and cheaper i5. and pour the res of the money on a better gpu but It's better poured into the PSU at least get a 80+ bronze one

edit: I'm not sure if you have the cpu already, but in that case change the motherboard

What motherboard would you recommend if you are looking for a budget one?

Get the normal evo and put the money towards the psu

Sounds fairly reasonable, good one.

6600k on a b150?

I got the 6600k cheap because my friend bought a bundle and he didn't want it. So why not invest in a good one first? :)

What motherboard would you recommend if you are looking for a budget one?

Sounds fairly reasonable, good one.

I got the 6600k cheap because my friend bought a bundle and he didn't want it. So why not invest in a good one first? :)

well you can stick with that motherboard. But only TEMPORARY when you have more money you should definitely buy a better motherboard one that can OC 

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

well you can stick with that motherboard. But only TEMPORARY when you have more money you should definitely buy a better motherboard one that can OC 

Understood. I do understand that i5-6600k has got to do with some over-clocking thing. That's why I invested some amount in that.. And surely I will improve on my mobo and GPU next time! :D