Paint Heatsink

Wolfire

Hi, im doing a orange color themed pc. But the things that block me, is the GPU, i will probably have a 960 from MSi but with what i paint it? it might be a nooby question but how. With what kind of paint and how to actually get a good result, same for the ram and power supply. Also anyone have a brand who makes orange DDR4 modules?

you can get orange Dominator Platinums but they're expensive as hell

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Use Plasti Dip to paint your GPU shroud. 

I used to be quite active here.

Hi, im doing a orange color themed pc. But the things that block me, is the GPU, i will probably have a 960 from MSi but with what i paint it? it might be a nooby question but how. With what kind of paint and how to actually get a good result, same for the ram and power supply. Also anyone have a brand who makes orange DDR4 modules?

You can paint the GPU as long as it's not the heatsink, we don't usually recommend that since it can heavily affecting cooling performance, I have a guide that goes over that here, but in general regular good quality spray paint or plasti-dip will do a good job:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407754-modding-faq-common-mods-new-updates/

Why are you getting Skylake/Haswell-E with a GTX 960.  Plasti dip the cooler.  TAKE OFF THE COOLER BEFORE YOU START.  Gskill Ares has orange heatsinks.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

My config will be a Gigabyte SOC force z170, I5 6600k, MSi GTX 960 Gaming 4 G, 2tb seagate HDD 7200 RPM, Noctua Nh d-15, Lian Li PC07S and there is the ram missing. Also, do i need to sand the shroud on the gpu? And is it also the same story if i want to paint the ram?

My config will be a Gigabyte SOC force z170, I5 6600k, MSi GTX 960 Gaming 4 G, 2tb seagate HDD 7200 RPM, Noctua Nh d-15, Lian Li PC07S and there is the ram missing. Also, do i need to sand the shroud on the gpu? And is it also the same story if i want to paint the ram?

If your spray painting using some scotch brite to scuff the surface for the paint or light coat of primer to bite in is a good idea. The Corsair LPX kits or Kingston Fury DDR4 kits are both great options.

If your spray painting using some scotch brite to scuff the surface for the paint or light coat of primer to bite in is a good idea. The Corsair LPX kits or Kingston Fury DDR4 kits are both great options.

Nice idea