Monitor "No Signal" after upgrading RAM

Go to solution Solved by Patrickkd,

Sigh.. New ram arrived today (Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 8GB stick - Same as what i already had)

Powered down the computer, earthed myself and placed the RAM into the matching colour slot. Booted up the computer (looking good so far) then i get the message on the screen of "HDMI NO SIGNAL".. I allow the computer to run for a little while longer and i hear the windows login sound (where you enter your password).

So my first thoughts are that maybe by chance monitor or HDMI cables had broken - switched them both but no difference.

From there i start to wonder if theres an issue with the new stick of RAM so i remove the new stick and boot up again - Computer runs fine just as it did before - Just like normal.

I wonder if maybe there is an issue with that slot on my mother board, so i move both sticks over one so they're now on black black, from blue blue. Still no difference

Now im left in a rather puzzled state due to the fact that even though i didnt get signal to the monitor i know the computer in running since i got the windows login music. Maybe im being silly and have to activate something in my BIOS.. or maybe its because im running windows 7 home premium.. Help would be much appreciated.

Computer Specs:

Mobo: P8Z77-V

CPU: 3770K @4.5ghz

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 (2 fans)

GPU: GTX 770

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 8GB (one stick)

PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum rating

HDD: WD Black 1TB

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

go into the advanced part of the bios and make sure the gpu is set to pic-e and also double check the memory profile is XMP to ensure the settings are right. I had a similar issue with my board and tried those two things and it seemed to work for me as I found it was outputting from the onboard graphics.

Sigh.. New ram arrived today (Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 8GB stick - Same as what i already had)
Powered down the computer, earthed myself and placed the RAM into the matching colour slot. Booted up the computer (looking good so far) then i get the message on the screen of "HDMI NO SIGNAL".. I allow the computer to run for a little while longer and i hear the windows login sound (where you enter your password).
So my first thoughts are that maybe by chance monitor or HDMI cables had broken - switched them both but no difference.
From there i start to wonder if theres an issue with the new stick of RAM so i remove the new stick and boot up again - Computer runs fine just as it did before - Just like normal.

I wonder if maybe there is an issue with that slot on my mother board, so i move both sticks over one so they're now on black black, from blue blue. Still no difference
Now im left in a rather puzzled state due to the fact that even though i didnt get signal to the monitor i know the computer in running since i got the windows login music. Maybe im being silly and have to activate something in my BIOS.. or maybe its because im running windows 7 home premium.. Help would be much appreciated.

Computer Specs:

@NeedHelpPl0x Is your GPU connected to power? Are fans spinning? Maybe you knocked out a power cable from PSU or GPU.

I am sorry for my english.

Computer Specs:

go into the advanced part of the bios and make sure the gpu is set to pic-e and also double check the memory profile is XMP to ensure the settings are right. I had a similar issue with my board and tried those two things and it seemed to work for me as I found it was outputting from the onboard graphics.

The Cake is a Lie...

also have you put the ram is the proper spot make sure there clean and free of dust to ensure good contact.
If you only have one stick put it in the slot closest to the cpu if you have two put them in the two black slots.

The Cake is a Lie...

Life saver! thanks so much!!