Titan z vs Titan x

Bajantechnician

Thanks guys :)

Cheers, or if you like your dual GPU you can wait a bit and see what Dual gpu's come out soon, I hear amd is releasing one like this month might be worth looking into

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Cheers, or if you like your dual GPU you can wait a bit and see what Dual gpu's come out soon, I hear amd is releasing one like this month might be worth looking into

will look out,

thanks for the tip :)

well, i already have 2

:/

fak

whatll be more powerful in gaming

titan z or dual 390x

example gta v

Dual 390x of course.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

can you say why?

Titan-Z is based on dual downclocked Titan Black.

390x is on par or slightly faster than a Titan Black.

AMD XDMA Crossfire scale better than Nvidia SLI IF there's an optimized CFX profile for the game.

With Nvidia kept forgetting to optimize Kepler arch, the 390x will pull ahead even more.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Titan-Z is based on dual downclocked Titan Black.

390x is on par or slightly faster than a Titan Black.

AMD XDMA Crossfire scale better than Nvidia SLI IF there's a optimized CFX profile for the game.

With Nvidia kept forgetting to optimize Kepler arch, the 390x will pull ahead even more.

gta v has a optimized cfx profile?

titan X

its a single GPU, you get full performance in all games and applications

the titan X only gets about the same performance in stuff that supports SLI

and even then, SLI scaling isnt perfect

Some games don't even support SLI. So, yes, a single Titan X would be a great choice within what OP is deciding on.

For folding, the Titan Z will give you more performance. This is a dual 780 Ti vs single Titan X debate. In pure computation horsepower, the Titan Z wins hands down.

granted, the Z is so aggressively downclocked, that he would be better off getting something else.

@Bajantechnician

sell it for as much as possible. Then proceed to buy as many R9 290Xs as you get in return.

Downclock the R9 290X's mildly to maintain lower power consumption during folding.

check these links to see how the TitanZ compares to a 290X in terms of compute power....

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2575/geforce-gtx-titan-z.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2460/radeon-r9-290x.html

for those too lazy to click..

TitanZ = 4061 GFLOPS

290X = 5632 GFLOPS

2x 290X will smash a TitanZ.... if we say you get 1500-1750 USD for your TitanZ, then you can afford 3x 290X....

if a single 290X can give a TitanZ a run for its money, three will not just beat it. They will anihalate it

power consumption and heat WILL be a huge issue though.

granted, the Z is so aggressively downclocked, that he would be better off getting something else.

@Bajantechnician

sell it for as much as possible. Then proceed to buy as many R9 290Xs as you get in return.

Downclock the R9 290X's mildly to maintain lower power consumption during folding.

check these links to see how the TitanZ compares to a 290X in terms of compute power....

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2575/geforce-gtx-titan-z.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2460/radeon-r9-290x.html

for those too lazy to click..

TitanZ = 4061 GFLOPS

290X = 5632 GFLOPS

2x 290X will smash a TitanZ.... if we say you get 1500-1750 USD for your TitanZ, then you can afford 3x 290X....

if a single 290X can give a TitanZ a run for its money, three will not just beat it. They will anihalate it

power consumption and heat WILL be a huge issue though.

It's 4061 GFLOPs per GPU, so 8122 for the card.

Nah, 2x CFX barely works in some games. 3x is not a good idea unless you're doing some compute tasks or benching for e-peni.

But e-peni is all that matters. Right? No?

But e-peni is all that matters. Right? No?

Sometimes its how one is able to do the most out of one's e-peen. You can have the largest e-peen, but if that e-peen can't outlast a shorter e-peen... yeah...

In terms of GPU's, if the smaller e-peen is able to do much more than a larger e-peen, I'd take the smaller e-peen if I had an e-vag. My e-vag would have a much more enjoyable time with that smaller e-peen.