Cooler for Fx 6350

jakejake2115

I currently have the stock cooler at stock speeds, and its loud as hell so I want to upgrade, and also be able to overclock. What cooler liquid or air cooler would be quieter but not break the bank? Im hoping to spend around $60 or under but will go a little higher if necessary. Also what gaming advantages would I get from OC the cpu? Thanks

Fx-6350 | Asus Strix GTX 960 2gb | Asus R5a97 2.0 | 2x4gb Vengeance ram | Corsair CX750 | Corsair Spec-03 | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm HDD | Sandisk 120gb SSD |

I currently have the stock cooler at stock speeds, and its loud as hell so I want to upgrade, and also be able to overclock. What cooler liquid or air cooler would be quieter but not break the bank? Im hoping to spend around $60 or under but will go a little higher if necessary. Also what gaming advantages would I get from OC the cpu? Thanks

Cryorig H7, H5 universal

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

If only it didn't cost so much here, looks like its better than my Seidon 120V (which isn't that good with high TDP CPU/overclocked i7).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

If only it didn't cost so much here, looks like its better than my Seidon 120V (which isn't that good with high TDP CPU/overclocked i7).

I've got a similar cooler, using 2x120mm fans from a good, Polish company and I can tell you that performance wise those twin towers are very efficient, here's how both the Phanteks I linked, my own cooler and some top aircoolers like Dark Rock Pro 3 / Noctua NH-D15 perform for comparison:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/SilentiumPC/Grandis_XE1236/6.html

My is the highlighted one. to quote: "the Grandis XE1236 manages to compete with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE and Dark Rock Pro 3, even though only half their price"

It's a shame that this company is very hard to find/get outside of Poland... Maybe you can find it in Australia though?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I've got a similar cooler, using 2x120mm fans from a good, Polish company and I can tell you that performance wise those twin towers are very efficient, here's how both the Phanteks I linked, my own cooler and some top aircoolers like Dark Rock Pro 3 / Noctua NH-D15 perform for comparison:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/SilentiumPC/Grandis_XE1236/6.html

My is the highlighted one. to quote: "the Grandis XE1236 manages to compete with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE and Dark Rock Pro 3, even though only half their price"

It's a shame that this company is very hard to find/get outside of Poland... Maybe you can find it in Australia though?

Maybe, but it costs an arm and a leg over other coolers with similar performance-and that's on the rare occasion I see them in stock.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What kind of dollars are you using?

Oc'ing can help improve performance in gaming especially if your current clocks speeds aren't high enough.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

What kind of dollars are you using?

Oc'ing can help improve performance in gaming especially if your current clocks speeds aren't high enough.

Would like to spend $50 or under, but if its compatible with intel also then ill spend more because Im going to upgrade to an i5 in a few months

Fx-6350 | Asus Strix GTX 960 2gb | Asus R5a97 2.0 | 2x4gb Vengeance ram | Corsair CX750 | Corsair Spec-03 | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm HDD | Sandisk 120gb SSD |