Camcorder recommendation and audio editing

Joseph

Hi all,

I'm looking for a camcorder to do 1080p at 30fps with max budget 200-250 euro. It will be used to do interviews approx 15-25 minute long in a fixed setting.

What would be the best recommendation? I am looking at Canon Legria HF R606 and Sony HDR-CX405 at the moment.

Also on the audio side, I have two Zoom H1s with lapel mics - if I record audio on each person with their own mic (sitting beside each other) will I be able to edit it together on video editing later? Do I need to do a clap or something to sync? Have very little knowledge on this subject.

Thanks a million!

snip

Video editing NLE systems such as DaVinci Resolve 12, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut. etc. all support multiple audio tracks.  To synchronize it would be VERY VERY helpful if you did a clap before the start of the actual interview, otherwise manually syncing can become a pain the ***.  Otherwise you can use a plugin/stand alone tool such as PluralEyes which scans the audio tracks' and tries to automatically perform a synchronization.

I also suggest you record audio with the camera's built-in microphones, and not just the two external recorders.  Additionally if the two interviewees are sitting close together a single H1 placed at the right spot could be enough to capture both persons.

For the cameras, I would also recommend some models like these which have internal memory along with a slot for a SD card.  I am using BHPhoto because it is easy to look up by price range and get a variety of models, perhaps you can use my links as reference to look up the prices for equivalent models where you live.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1110406-REG/canon_0278c004_32gb_vixia_hf_r62.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1109389-REG/sony_hdr_cx440_hd_camcorder_with.html

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer