Best headphones for CS:GO under $80 CAD (Open back)

A_Train

So I'm looking for some open back headphones which have really good directional sound, and are good for competitive gameplay. I'm not looking for some gimicky headset for "esports athletes who are the l33test" I just want something simple, with a good sound stage and good sound quality. If you know any I'd appreciate the name of them and possibly a link to a review if you have one.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Given how close they are in price to the 558 right now, they might as well be literal shit.

yes, but if OP really needs under 80...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

You really don't need open back headphones just for that purpose.

Never tried playing CS:GO with open back but 7.1 Surround already screws with me.

You really don't need open back headphones just for that purpose.

Never tried playing CS:GO with open back but 7.1 Surround already screws with me.

surround is pointless in cs:go since it has headphone mode. open back headphones have wider sound-stage so things further away sound further away.

Spoiler

Yikes! How long is that sale going to last?

I don't know how amazon works, sorry.

Spoiler

surround is pointless in cs:go since it has headphone mode. open back headphones have wider sound-stage so things further away sound further away.

Ohh, but still i see no tangible benefits in going open back, but those on sale that you have pointed out is a good deal.

Ohh, but still i see no tangible benefits in going open back, but those on sale that you have pointed out is a good deal.

Headphones go on your ears, not your eyes. Open backs allow more transparency and better imaging, assuming a well implemented headphone; which the 558 happens to be.

By being able to know how far away a player is you can know that they are at the back of apartments rather than just in apartments. or they are in apartments near mid rather than just apartments.

By being able to know how far away a player is you can know that they are at the back of apartments rather than just in apartments. or they are in apartments near mid rather than just apartments.

I already able to tell that without a open back headset lol.

I might just buy one to see what i does for me then.

Like for example i could hear precisely the moment the enemy pops up, so i can prefire :3.

I already able to tell that without a open back headset lol.

I might just buy one to see what i does for me then.

Like for example i could hear precisely the moment the enemy pops up, so i can prefire :3.

Not all closed back headphones have a bad soundstage, it's just you're more likely to find the soundstage that fits you best with open backs. what headphones/headset are you using?

Not all closed back headphones have a bad soundstage, it's just you're more likely to find the soundstage that fits you best with open backs. what headphones/headset are you using?

G430