Did my co-worker really just do this?

Moondrelor

Wow. My co-worker just gave out my home phone number to Century Link without consulting me about it first. The building can't call outside the building to Hickory landlines and I used my home phone to test it, and then go goes and takes that number from my work phone and gives it to Century Link for them to test shit? Like holy fuck? Do I have a right to be mad? Or am I over reacting? He didn't even ask me if it was ok for him to use my number? 

Wow. My co-worker just gave out my home phone number to Century Link without consulting me about it first. The building can't call outside the building to Hickory landlines and I used my home phone to test it, and then go goes and takes that number from my work phone and gives it to Century Link for them to test shit? Like holy fuck? Do I have a right to be mad? Or am I over reacting? He didn't even ask me if it was ok for him to use my number? 

Welp, Idk what you can do, what does your heart tell you? If I were you, I'd probably giving him a slap in the face. Just me tho. Not saying you should.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Welp, Idk what you can do, what does your heart tell you? If I were you, I'd probably giving him a slap in the face. Just me tho. Not saying you should.

I'm just not sure if I'm over reacting about this, or not reacting enough about this. If he would of asked me I think I'd be fine with it, but what really gets to me is that he didn't ask at all. He just went straight to giving them my number.

Dafuq! I would be mad as hell! He doesn't have the right to give out your phone number even if it is your boss. I would punch him tho.

well.. sit it out, use the propper channels to voice the incident.

tell whoever is above you that it happened, and you dont want it happening again.

if CL uses your home phone number for stuff outside of "the testing" you take it up with CL.

Dafuq! I would be mad as hell! He doesn't have the right to give out your phone number even if it is your boss. I would punch him tho.

That's totally how I feel! When he got off the phone I said, "Um... Why did you just give Century Link my number?" And he just said, "Oh because they needed a number to test our problem." Which, doesn't make quite much sense considering, they are outside our building...

I have an idea. What about being an adult and actually confront him about it as opposed to complain on a forum?

if you got his number .. visit some chatrooms for lusty ppl with <insertnastynickname> and give his number for revenge  /s

or report him to the "manager"

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

I have an idea. What about being an adult and actually confront him about it as opposed to complain on a forum?

How about he is been an adult about consulting/complaining on a forum instead of just acting without thinking?

Let it pass for at least 24 hours and let yourself think about the situation properly before you act whilst your still annoyed. I would probably personally ask him why he thought that it was fine to give your number out without permission and if anything comes of it then bring it through the proper channels.

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

How about he is been an adult about consulting/complaining on a forum instead of just acting without thinking?

Let it pass for at least 24 hours and let yourself think about the situation properly before you act whilst your still annoyed. I would probably personally ask him why he thought that it was fine to give your number out without permission and if anything comes of it then bring it through the proper channels.

I'll probably end up doing this. I have a tendency to over react over things, which is why I didn't confront him quite yet besides asking him why he did that.

With your location I would've expected something far more sinister. :P

Think it over, discuss it with a few people close to you, and see what they think. This sounds like a very illogical course of action for him to have taken. At the very least just make it clear to him why you are upset and what not to do in the future. Telling a higher-up may be necessary if the two of you can't sort it out among yourselves.

Give yourself time to cool down for now.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

With your location I would've expected something far more sinister. :P

Think it over, discuss it with a few people close to you, and see what they think. This sounds like a very illogical course of action for him to have taken.

I defiantly know what you mean.. Lol

The people down here are very disrespectful it seems. I haven't lived here too long.. Almost a year.