Where to place drain valve?!?

Is it ok to place the drain port/valve on the "inlet" on my EK Xres 140 D5 Revo? And instead use the top fill port as a inlet (from my rad.) if this is not an option where should i place it? This is my first time im watercooling, so i want to be sure[emoji6]

Is it ok to place the drain port/valve on the "inlet" on my EK Xres 140 D5 Revo? And instead use the top fill port as a inlet (from my rad.) if this is not an option where should i place it? This is my first time im watercooling, so i want to be sure[emoji6]

Make sure it's at the lowest point in the loop. Otherwise the water below it will not be able to get out.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sure, but if it's not at the lowest part of your loop then you might need to move your case around to empty all the liquid in the loop.

so the water will still get out even if its a inlet? It says "in" on the pump. And there will be no problem with using the top fill port as an inlet for the fluid?

*** Click the follow this topic button in the top right corner to get notified if someone post in your topic, and quote the person you want to talk,otherwise he doesn't get notified and don't see your reply. ***

You cannot use the inlet on the pump as a drain port and the fill port as an inlet for the fluid. Imo, you need to do some more research before planning your loop.

tip101: you could put a Y connector on the outlet of your pump

*** Click the follow this topic button in the top right corner to get notified if someone post in your topic, and quote the person you want to talk,otherwise he doesn't get notified and don't see your reply. ***

You cannot use the inlet on the pump as a drain port and the fill port as an inlet for the fluid. Imo, you need to do some more research before planning your loop.

tip101: you could put a Y connector on the outlet of your pump

Looks like this guy has done what i was talking about: http://www.overclock.net/t/1572798/ek-introduces-new-revo-d5-series-of-pumps-and-reservoirs-combos/70

Just scroll down to the pictures

That is fine.

It's more comprehensive with pictures.

What did you think i was talking about? Sorry if i didnt say it clear enough. 

Thought you wanted to use the fill port as outlet for the loop. Anyways, happy custom loop build!

Thought you wanted to use the fill port as outlet for the loop. Anyways, happy custom loop build!

Thank you very much! Can't wait  :)

Just get a T or Y fitting and put a valve at the lowest point of your loop and save yourself a lot of hassle and head aches.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but did @3570tech ever get this resolved? Where did you end up putting the drain valve? Does it matter if it's after the 'IN' or 'OUT' port of the pump/reservoir? I would think putting the drain valve outside of the 'IN' port of the pump would make sense if you want to 'flush' your system -- that way you can put fresh fluid into the top of the reservoir as it pumps 'OUT' through your system and then catch the fluid into a bottle/bucket after it has gone through your whole system and just as its about to go back into the pump through the 'IN' port. Does that make sense?