R9 390 black screen problem

dassan15

hello guys i just bought a r9 390 and installed to my pc but i saw that my psu has 1 x 8-pin AUX Power Connector and 1 x 6-pin AUX Power Connector and also my psu is 550 watt. r9 390 needs 2 x 8-pin AUX Power Connector and i put one of the 8 pin into 8 pin and other 6 pin from my psu to other 8 pin. When i opened my pc, i heard windows open sound etc but it was all black screen from the start, even didnt show up bios screen. then i closed it. I really hope it didnt but do you think my r9 390 gpu got burned or something thats why it didnt show anything or it s just not enough energy and nothing happened to my gpu i hope : / ?

i think its the PSU buddy

it has enough wattage but not enough connectors

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

hello guys i just bought a r9 390 and installed to my pc but i saw that my psu has 1 x 8-pin AUX Power Connector and 1 x 6-pin AUX Power Connector and also my psu is 550 watt. r9 390 needs 2 x 8-pin AUX Power Connector and i put one of the 8 pin into 8 pin and other 6 pin from my psu to other 8 pin. When i opened my pc, i heard windows open sound etc but it was all black screen from the start, even didnt show up bios screen. then i closed it. I really hope it didnt but do you think my r9 390 gpu got burned or something thats why it didnt show anything or it s just not enough energy and nothing happened to my gpu i hope : / ?

what exact PSU are you using?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

OCZ Fatality 550  i m using this psu. But do you think guys it damaged my gpu ? 

OCZ Fatality 550  i m using this psu. But do you think guys it damaged my gpu ?

no i don't think it has, but you MUST have both 8pin PCIe connected. if you can't manage to do that, then you need a new PSU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

you can't use a 6-pin instead of an 8-pin

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Sapphire sends molex adaptors with their GPUs, check and see if yours has them.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Sapphire sends molex adaptors with their GPUs, check and see if yours has them.

:) no offense, but when you need to use adapters on PSU it's the first sign that the PSU is NOT meant to run such high powered parts...maybe the 12v rail on his PSU is simply to weak for such powerful graphics cards (i'm no god in PSU, i know basic stuff but i'm not sure i feel this OCZ unit is sub par and not meant for higher end gaming machine...might be wrong!)

:) no offense, but when you need to use adapters on PSU it's the first sign that the PSU is NOT meant to run such high powered parts...maybe the 12v rail on his PSU is simply to weak for such powerful graphics cards (i'm no god in PSU, i know basic stuff but i'm not sure i feel this OCZ unit is sub par and not meant for higher end gaming machine...might be wrong!)

I definitely wouldn't overclock using adaptors *cough* but it would allow them to trouble shoot the problem. Then it's up to them if they keep using them

If anyone asks you never saw me.