I need help in python!

whengtotsz
Verify_ISBN_10 = 1Exit = 2def main():    choice = 0    while choice != Exit:        display_menu()        choice = int(input('Please enter a number in the main MENU: '))        if choice == Verify_ISBN_10:                     radius = float(input('Enter the 9 digit numbers for the ISBN: '))                     print('Your check digit is: ', ISBN_10)        elif choice == Exit:                     print('Exit the program!')        else:            print('Invalid choice..')def ISBN_10(ISBN10):    while len(ISBN10) != 9:        print('Please enter a valid 9 digit.')        ISBN10=int(input('Please enter the 9 digit number: '))        continue    else:        D1 = int(ISBN10[0])*1        D2 = int(ISBN10[1])*2        D3 = int(ISBN10[2])*3        D4 = int(ISBN10[3])*4        D5 = int(ISBN10[4])*5        D6 = int(ISBN10[5])*6        D7 = int(ISBN10[6])*7        D8 = int(ISBN10[7])*8        D9 = int(ISBN10[8])*9        Sum=(D1+D2+D3+D4+D5+D6+D7+D8+D9)        Mod=Sum%11        print('Your check digit is: ', Mod)def display_menu():    print('                 MENU')    print('1) Verify the check digit of an ISBN-10')    print('2) Exit')main()             

I need help in python because I keep getting this check digit answer whenever I run it.

Please enter a number in the main MENU: 1Enter the 9 digit numbers for the ISBN: 013149498Your check digit is:  <function ISBN_10 at 0x019870C0>

Verify_ISBN_10 = 1Exit = 2def main():    choice = 0    while choice != Exit:        display_menu()        choice = int(input('Please enter a number in the main MENU: '))        if choice == Verify_ISBN_10:                     radius = float(input('Enter the 9 digit numbers for the ISBN: '))                     print('Your check digit is: ', ISBN_10)        elif choice == Exit:                     print('Exit the program!')        else:            print('Invalid choice..')def ISBN_10(ISBN10):    while len(ISBN10) != 9:        print('Please enter a valid 9 digit.')        ISBN10=int(input('Please enter the 9 digit number: '))        continue    else:        D1 = int(ISBN10[0])*1        D2 = int(ISBN10[1])*2        D3 = int(ISBN10[2])*3        D4 = int(ISBN10[3])*4        D5 = int(ISBN10[4])*5        D6 = int(ISBN10[5])*6        D7 = int(ISBN10[6])*7        D8 = int(ISBN10[7])*8        D9 = int(ISBN10[8])*9        Sum=(D1+D2+D3+D4+D5+D6+D7+D8+D9)        Mod=Sum%11        print('Your check digit is: ', Mod)def display_menu():    print('                 MENU')    print('1) Verify the check digit of an ISBN-10')    print('2) Exit')main()             

I need help in python because I keep getting this check digit answer whenever I run it.

Please enter a number in the main MENU: 1Enter the 9 digit numbers for the ISBN: 013149498Your check digit is:  <function ISBN_10 at 0x019870C0>

Looks like you forgot the parentheses after the function call:

print('Your check digit is: ', ISBN_10)

Should be:

print('Your check digit is: ', ISBN_10())

The function you defined also takes one parameter, so don't forget that either.

Looks like you forgot the parentheses after the function call:

Should be:

print('Your check digit is: ', ISBN_10())

The function you defined also takes one parameter, so don't forget that either.

should I put a global variable for ISBN_10? Whenever I do ISBN_10()) it gives me these:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:/Users/whengtotsz/Desktop/Python Final Attemp/MENU for the ISBN.py", line 86, in <module>    main()  File "C:/Users/whengtotsz/Desktop/Python Final Attemp/MENU for the ISBN.py", line 16, in main    print('Your check digit is: ', ISBN_10())TypeError: ISBN_10() missing 1 required positional argument: 'ISBN10'

You aren't calling the function. In your main method, if the selection equals Verify_ISBN_10, call the function ISBN_10.

You want to replace: 

with 

ISBN_10(radius)

And it looks like you want to change the float cast to int on the line before it.

should I put a global variable for ISBN_10? Whenever I do ISBN_10()) it gives me these:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:/Users/whengtotsz/Desktop/Python Final Attemp/MENU for the ISBN.py", line 86, in <module>    main()  File "C:/Users/whengtotsz/Desktop/Python Final Attemp/MENU for the ISBN.py", line 16, in main    print('Your check digit is: ', ISBN_10())TypeError: ISBN_10() missing 1 required positional argument: 'ISBN10'

As I just said, you need to feed 1 variable to the function when you call it, because you've defined your function to take 1 parameter.

Since you have your function definition like this:

def ISBN_10(some_variable):

Your function calls need to pass it one variable, like this: ISBN(variable), not just with blank parentheses.

now it gives me this sir, I am so lost right now. 

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:/Users/whengtotsz/Desktop/Python Final Attemp/MENU for the ISBN.py", line 86, in <module>    main()  File "C:/Users/whengtotsz/Desktop/Python Final Attemp/MENU for the ISBN.py", line 16, in main    print('Your check digit is: ', ISBN_10(radius))  File "C:/Users/whengtotsz/Desktop/Python Final Attemp/MENU for the ISBN.py", line 33, in ISBN_10    while len(ISBN10) != 9:TypeError: object of type 'int' has no len()

anyone know how to fix this? :(

while len(ISBN10)!= 9:TypeError: object of type 'int' has no len() 

Im just new from this program so please bear with me. :\

anyone know how to fix this? :(

while len(ISBN10)!= 9:TypeError: object of type 'int' has no len() 

Im just new from this program so please bear with me. :\

Oh. Your parameter assumes a string. You can remove the cast from radius:

radius = input('Enter the 9 digit numbers for the ISBN: ')

Oh. Your parameter assumes a string. You can remove the cast from radius:

radius = input('Enter the 9 digit numbers for the ISBN: ')

You're a life saver!