how do i unlock the voltage of my matrix 980?

mariobros

In Afterburner or PrecisionX, navigate to Settings. Go to the General tab and check the boxes "unlock voltage control" and "unlock voltage monitoring." Bear in mind it's not a true voltage unlock. It will be limited by the vBIOS.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Custom BIOS if you want to increase it past its limits

Though you shouldn't be doing that if you don't even know how to do so...

Custom BIOS if you want to increase it past its limits

Though you shouldn't be doing that if you don't even know how to do so...

that's like saying you shouldn't learn to drive a car because you don't know how to drive

i hope everyone who says that means "you shouldn't do that if you can't find the information by yourself"

that's like saying you shouldn't learn to drive a car because you don't know how to drive

You shouldn't ask how to race if you don't know even know how to drive.

If you don't even know how to flash a custom BIOS, or aren't even aware it was a thing people do or what it allows, you shouldn't jump into doing things with it right away.

It's like learning to run before you walk is all.

I know how but I didnt find a bios

They'll have them on overclock.net almost certainly

Along with comprehensive guides...

You shouldn't ask how to race if you don't know even know how to drive.

If you don't even know how to flash a custom BIOS, or aren't even aware it was a thing people do or what it allows, you shouldn't jump into doing things with it right away.

It's like learning to run before you walk is all.

well the only thing he has to do is to flash a custom bios, what do you mean when you talk of this walking before running thing? 

well the only thing he has to do is to flash a custom bios, what do you mean when you talk of this walking before running thing? 

He asked "how do I unlock the voltage" not "how do I flash a custom BIOS" which makes it look like to me they weren't even aware you had to flash a custom BIOS to do so obviously, or they would have just asked how to do that instead.

My point is to just not get ahead of yourself and research things more thoroughly. This really doesn't need to become a debate.

He asked "how do I unlock the voltage" not "how do I flash a custom BIOS" which makes it look like to me they weren't even aware you had to flash a custom BIOS to do so obviously, or they would have just asked how to do that instead.

My point is to just not get ahead of yourself and research things more thoroughly. This really doesn't need to become a debate.

ahh now i understand and i feel stupid

sorry for arguing

but it doesn't even matter because you can't really fuck up if you read a guide, i've done it 2 times and i'm a dumbass

ahh now i understand and i feel stupid

sorry for arguing

but it doesn't even matter because you can't really fuck up if you read a guide, i've done it 2 times and i'm a dumbass

Yea, but you can really fuck things up if you go around and mess with the voltage and power tables in a bios tweaker.

Yea, but you can really fuck things up if you go around and mess with the voltage and power tables in a bios tweaker.

i wont use bios tweaker i dont know how ill flash the bios like i did before multiple times im just not sure what bios to use

i wont use bios tweaker i dont know how ill flash the bios like i did before multiple times im just not sure what bios to use

Something from overclock.net with thousands of replies

Something from overclock.net with thousands of replies

does it matter the brand or it is similar to amd just the gpu needs to be the same? theres a long time i dont do this with nvidia

does it matter the brand or it is similar to amd just the gpu needs to be the same? theres a long time i dont do this with nvidia

Brand does matter, every card has its own BIOS.

If you can't find a custom one for your exact model, you'll need to use a BIOS tweaker and copy the settings from another custom BIOS, which could cause issues on yours if you don't know what you're doing.

Not all 970's, 980's, 980 Ti's, etc deal with power the same way, many are better and worse at it. The 970 Strix is basically starved for power and a 970 G1 gets plenty. Proper custom BIOS for each are not going to be the same.

Brand does matter, every card has its own BIOS.

If you can't find a custom one for your exact model, you'll need to use a BIOS tweaker and copy the settings from another custom BIOS, which could cause issues on yours if you don't know what you're doing.

Not all 970's, 980's, 980 Ti's, etc deal with power the same way, many are better and worse at it. The 970 Strix is basically starved for power and a 970 G1 gets plenty. Proper custom BIOS for each are not going to be the same.

i didnt find any for the matrix i found a lot for the evga and gigabyte cards thats why i didnt flash it yet

i didnt find any for the matrix i found a lot for the evga and gigabyte cards thats why i didnt flash it yet

Yeah those aren't going to work on your card.

You need to get the BIOS for your card directly from Asus or you can modify the one your card is currently using by extracting it with GPU-Z

Yeah those aren't going to work on your card.

You need to get the BIOS for your card directly from Asus or you can modify the one your card is currently using by extracting it with GPU-Z

the only one for matrix that i saw was on the kingpin forum

the only one for matrix that i saw was on the kingpin forum

It could be good, but I have no idea how popular it is or what people are saying about it.

Only 3 replies.

You can take the risk, I haven't read the first post it's long.

There are forums on overclock.net where they will make a custom BIOS for you but again that's a risk.

Unfortunately your card isn't very popular it seems, so there isn't much out there for it.

I'd just look at other custom BIOS' and learn what the settings in Maxwell 2 BIOS Tweaker do and adjust it carefully myself if I were you.

If all you want is to increase the voltage it doesn't require too many edits, but you still want to be cautious.

Only 3 replies.

You can take the risk, I haven't read the first post it's long.

There are forums on overclock.net where they will make a custom BIOS for you but again that's a risk.

Unfortunately your card isn't very popular it seems, so there isn't much out there for it.

I'd just look at other custom BIOS' and learn what the settings in Maxwell 2 BIOS Tweaker do and adjust it carefully myself if I were you.

If all you want is to increase the voltage it doesn't require too many edits, but you still want to be cautious.

ill probably ask asus or leave it like this i dont want to take the risk and lose this card

ill probably ask asus or leave it like this i dont want to take the risk and lose this card

Ask Asus?

They aren't going to help you void your warranty, all you can get from their site is a newer BIOS version to modify yourself.

Or you can modify the BIOS currently in use by your card, which may be the newest depending on how new your GPU is.

Ask Asus?

They aren't going to help you void your warranty, all you can get from their site is a newer BIOS version to modify yourself.

Or you can modify the BIOS currently in use by your card, which may be the newest depending on how new your GPU is.

well then ill need to learn how to do it myself or try to find more review of this kingpin one

well then ill need to learn how to do it myself or try to find more review of this kingpin one

1c9cea74f8.png

edit with maxwell bios tweaker