asus vs msi GTX 970

AlexCoy13

That asus card looks like crap.... id get the msi. The difference in speed between the 2 cards wont be noticeably different at all while in game

MSI looks better so I'd go for that

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

the asus turbo was designed specificly for tight space SLI configurations.

makes it kind of a niche card.

ill go with msi, but to answer your question the difference is about a 20-50mhz in clock wich is barely noticeable but for cooling I think MSI is the winner since ive seen benchmark where MSI beat Asus for about 5-10 degrees celcius which is a big thing

Intel Core i5 - 6400 <> Msi B150A Gaming Pro <> Msi Gtx 970 Gaming <> G.Skill Ripjaw 4 16Gb DDR4 2400mhz

<> Corsair CX500M <> 160 & 250 Seagate HDD <> Aerocool Strike X (Casing) <>

MSI has an open air style cooler, which is better for almost all people. The ASUS card has a blower style cooler which is preferable if you have a small case as that won't dump hot air back into your case and other components.

That said, it doesn't really matter that much, just go for whichever you like, whichever brand you trust or whichever you can get for cheaper on the day. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

The MSI card is faster and since its an open cooler design, it will keep the card cooler at the cost of warmer ambient temps in the pc as the cooler releases heat into the surrounding air. You will need to have good cooling in your case to make up for that. The Asus cooler is the opposite. The gpu runs hotter but hot air is exhausted out the back, keeping the insides of your pc cool. If you want an open cooler design from Asus that is faster, try their Strix line if cards. If I'm not wrong, the MSI card can yield better overclocks as it has 8pin+6pin pci power connectors while the Asus cards only has a single 8pin power connector.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5

MSI has an open air style cooler, which is better for almost all people. The ASUS card has a blower style cooler which is preferable if you have a small case as that won't dump hot air back into your case and other components.

That said, it doesn't really matter that much, just go for whichever you like, whichever brand you trust or whichever you can get for cheaper on the day. 

this will be going in a corsair air 240 so its a fairly small case, maybe the ASUS is better then?